Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It seems so worth it at the time, but the after effects aren't.

Alcohol is a depressant, so in the long run you'll gradually feel worse the more you drink. It's a muscle relaxant though as well a a depressant so for a short time it can make you feel good.

For a hangover cure make a pitcher of cold water and slice up a whole lemon. Drink at least 1 litre before bed or as soon as you stop drinking. Lemon water flushes out toxins from your body. I can guarantee this works wonders and prevents virtually all hangover symptoms.

Lemon water and green tea is all I mainly drink nowadays and I feel a lot better for it.

Ed
    How strong, how costly, the urge to fight our fate and turn back time. But life is meant to be consumed, not preserved to ward off doom. One can surely die from fear, before the end is ever near.

Alcohol actually gives me a racing heart now almost straight away, especially certain types. But even that doesn't stop me thinking "I want a drink" when I get anxious.

Lemon water sounds like a good idea..

16 health benefits of lemon water:

Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies

Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial

It balances maintain the pH levels in the body

Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins

It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile

It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium

It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases

It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid

It helps cure the common cold

The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells

It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute

It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief

It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne

It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems

Aids in the production of digestive juices

Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session

Ed
    How strong, how costly, the urge to fight our fate and turn back time. But life is meant to be consumed, not preserved to ward off doom. One can surely die from fear, before the end is ever near.

Thanks. I'm having some now :-)

Ewe!

Give me builders' tea any day.

hi, drinking definitely does increase anxiety as does caffeine as someone pointed out, what you have to remember is the alcohol is not causing your anxiety.
    the best thing for anxiety is a well balanced diet and exercise, you dont need medication to cure anxiety, you need to understand what it is that is causing your anxiety.
    If you are from the uk? talk to your gp and explain that meds are not working and you think that a cognitive behavioural therapy session would be to your advantage, as i think it would. if you have any questions that you would like to ask me regarding getting rid of your anxiety then feel free, i have had a great deal of experience
    with it and now enjoy my life to the full, it makes me sad thinking there are people suffering the way i did, i will help anyway i can.
    Last edited by jon mike; 11-09-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Another problem with alcohol is it delays emotional development.

If you drink regularly it puts the brakes on your emotional development. To battle anxiety you need every ounce of emotional intelligence and maturity at your disposal.

A good friend said to me - 'if you're not sure whether you're drinking too much, just try giving up for a month and see how you feel'. If you can't contemplate that, then you've answered your own question.

Ragga I hope you rinse the mouth with regular water when you finish lemon water? In years working in dental industry I had seen the damage the acid does to teeth. Rinsing take care of that though,
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore