Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Hi,

I am currently going through a really stressful time. I have gad and health anxiety and moved to a new house and started a new job 6 months ago. I am starting prozac this weekend due to the anxieties I have been having at and about work.

I am having a few symptoms that I keep forgetting to bring up to my Dr and I wanted reassurance that it is my anxiety and that it will pass.

1. When I start worrying about something I immeidately think my life is terrible and I am never going to get better. It is like an underlying feeling I am worried that this will eventually lead to suicidial thoughts and that adds more fear.

2. I feel weird when I over hear other ppl talking about their lives. For example today I over heard a person at work in the other room talking about how he quit college and made me feel weird like I was wondering how he could live with that decision, how much stronger I was mentally in my college days, how I couldn't handle college in my current state,etc.

I will do the same thing with characters in movies and tv shows when i am anxious. I will project myself onto them or their situations in a similar way. It makes it impossible to enjoy such activities.

Are these typical for someone struggling with gad?

Thanks
    Last edited by jones27; 10-28-2016 at 08:45 AM.

100% common for anxiety.

I'd be more worried if you didn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by Teafrenzy View Post
    100% common for anxiety.

I'd be more worried if you didn't do that
    Haha thanks for reply!

I really hope those thoughts are the first things to go when I start feeling better. They are the most distressing to me. I just want to sit down and watch a movie with my girl friend and enjoy it!

They say that the last set of symptoms are "disturbing thoughts"..they are a clear sign you are actually getting better.

Been dealing with severe Health Anxiety since the 10th grade.

I have become so consumed with checking myself everyday. I am obsessed with lymph nodes. I feel them everyday, I even made the ones in my neck swell because I thought they were swollen when they were actually normal size and it caused my neck to swell too. I get benign tremors, I am always irritable, and I'm in fear for my life everyday. I've thought that I've had HIV/AIDS even when I was a virgin, and am now currently obsessed with Lymphoma/Leukemia/Sarcoma. I found a lump in my groin and I am so scared. I feel like it's because I have a lot of hair, wear breifs, & I sweat down there so I try to believe it could be a sabaceous cyst however my mind keeps telling me it's something chronic. I recently went to the Dr. and my lymph nodes were normal and he said I was fine, but now I'm scared to go have this examined because I know that's where my life will change forever. I avoid talking about cancer and in class if we talk about cancer I take it as a sign that I might have it or I just tune people out. I always think the worst in situation such as if I am out woth friends I'll say to myself "This is probably going to be the last time going out before I have to go to the Hospital." I was excited for Collge but now I am not because I think I won't make it because of the illnesses I think I have. This affects my everyday life and I'm only 17 years old. Please read this and take this into consideration and give me your honest opinions, thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon15 View Post
    I have become so consumed with checking myself everyday. I am obsessed with lymph nodes. I feel them everyday, I even made the ones in my neck swell because I thought they were swollen when they were actually normal size and it caused my neck to swell too. I get benign tremors, I am always irritable, and I'm in fear for my life everyday. I've thought that I've had HIV/AIDS even when I was a virgin, and am now currently obsessed with Lymphoma/Leukemia/Sarcoma. I found a lump in my groin and I am so scared. I feel like it's because I have a lot of hair, wear breifs, & I sweat down there so I try to believe it could be a sabaceous cyst however my mind keeps telling me it's something chronic. I recently went to the Dr. and my lymph nodes were normal and he said I was fine, but now I'm scared to go have this examined because I know that's where my life will change forever. I avoid talking about cancer and in class if we talk about cancer I take it as a sign that I might have it or I just tune people out. I always think the worst in situation such as if I am out woth friends I'll say to myself "This is probably going to be the last time going out before I have to go to the Hospital." I was excited for Collge but now I am not because I think I won't make it because of the illnesses I think I have. This affects my everyday life and I'm only 17 years old. Please read this and take this into consideration and give me your honest opinions, thank you so much.
    Discuss this with your doctor. Your thoughts are all typical of health anxiety. I struggled with it throughout my life and kept it a secret. I was ashamed . but its nothing to be ashamed of.

I let mine go,for too long and it has ended up turning into generalized anxiety. I wish I had gotten help earlier.

CBT is all you may need at this point to get everything in order and stop the anxiety before it takes root.

Just be honest with your doctors and seek comfort in people with similar experience. Some people won't be supportive because they do not understand, but don't let their ignorance stand in the way of your health!

hey daniel, i am new here, just had a quick question So around 3 or 4 times a week, i get this weird warm sensation all over my chest, and into my head. It messes with my vision, and makes all the sounds around me so loud. My chest then begins to hurt really bad. Then my heart rate begins to climb into the 150's. The only thing that makes me feel a little better is if i personally squeeze my chest on the left side with my hand. Is this a panic attack? or something wrong with my heart? any feedback would be awesome

Relationships with GAD

Hi

There is this guys i like and he wants to date me but today he put his arm around me and I got really anxious and has a panic attack. Later he asked why i pulled away and I tried to explain to him my anxiety but I don't think he understands.

I don't know what to do I haven't had a relationship with anyone because of my anxiety

Hi..
    First of all let me say that if I say anything offensive it is entirely unintentional and I'm sorry in advance.

That said: I think I might have anxiety which is why I'm here but I don't want to belittle people who have anxiety and have it worse than I do by talking about it because I'm not sure.. I should probably go to a doctor but I'm scared (and this might not be valid) that they will laugh at me because I thought I might have anxiety.

Thanks
    Em

No doctor will laugh at you. Just go if you want to. They are there to serve you and assist you.