Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I just found out my friend has general anxiety and i now feel bad because I've barrage her with nothing but whyshe for weeks now. Like why are you acting like this and how come you won't let me fix what's wrong. Now she won't even acknowledge I exist. How do I fix it without setting her off?

I feel like I aleady know the answer to these questions, but it helps to hear it from others and especially ones that are qualified. I have GAD that has become worse with the birth of our first daughter. She is now 4 months old and the center of my life. When I am alone with her I feel more anxious than normal. I'm not as much worried about taking care of her, mostly just worried about what will happen if I have anxiety/panic while she is in my care. There are family and friends I could reach out to, but like most sufferers I would like to keep it somewhat hidden for now, especially since as a husband and father I should be strong. I have been seeing a counselor and he's been nudging me through exposure and CB therapy. I also have a 1mg RX for lorazepam on stand by. As for now I can function at work and get through the day, but the emotional battle is where I am at. How normal or "ok" is it to feel so overwhelmed? At times my body doesn't feel anxious but my mind feels like it's been beat up and I feel like crying and panicking at the same time. I talked to my wife about it and cried it out to her and she was very receptive. But, now I'm worried about the next time the overwhelmed feelings return. What if im alone with the baby? What if I'm alone period? When will the feeling of too much worry and being distraught go away?? The funny (I guess you'd say) part of this is that my wife was probably having much of the same during pregnancy due to hormones, but without an obsessive mind like I have she was able to let it go.

Can anyone else relate? Any advice is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by worrier2015
    Hi everyone this is my first post on here...
    Im 23 and ive suffered with anxiety since a breakdown at 15. Thats when i started 20mg fleouxetine daily which I'm still on now.

Ive just had my second baby via my first c section 8weeks ago. My anxiety through the pregnancy and afterwards was hurrendous!!

Keep obsessing that there's something wrong with me because I feel dizzy and lightheaded alk the time. All discombobulated!

Few weeks ago one night as I was falling asleep I felt weird n sick n all of a sudden the room was spinning and omg I felt terrrible!!!! Iwas absolutely petrified!! Gp said vertigo then next gp said inner ear off balance.

Feel nauseas, headaches on n off, chest pains, light headed, disorientated,discombobulated.
    Whats happening to me??
    Is it just where my anxiety uas becomeso severe and im obsessing over this as im petrified of that night repeating itself or is it something else?!

So confused and upset!
    Making myself ill with worry and now depressions hitting hard to!

:'(
    This seems like textbook anxiety and panic, leading you to believe the situation is worse than it actually is.

Perhaps some of this anxiety stemmed from your first c-section? It's certainly not unusual for young mothers to get frightened at times like this and it might have manifested itself into a trauma.

If you are still feeling anxious even though you are on the same medication, I would suggest going to your doctor and perhaps talking about a change or increase in medication. Sometimes SSRI's can "poop out" on people; in other words, they'll work fine for a few years, and then they'll suddenly stop working. A change or increase in medication may make a big difference.

Good luck.
    - Dr. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by RealisticTrain View Post
    This seems like textbook anxiety and panic, leading you to believe the situation is worse than it actually is.

Perhaps some of this anxiety stemmed from your first c-section? It's certainly not unusual for young mothers to get frightened at times like this and it might have manifested itself into a trauma.

If you are still feeling anxious even though you are on the same medication, I would suggest going to your doctor and perhaps talking about a change or increase in medication. Sometimes SSRI's can "poop out" on people; in other words, they'll work fine for a few years, and then they'll suddenly stop working. A change or increase in medication may make a big difference.

Good luck.
    - Dr. Dan
    He is a dude. As in the father. No C-section for him 😋
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Quote Originally Posted by NixonRulz

He is a dude. As in the father. No C-section for him ?de0b
    How do you know? There is nothing in the description to suggest that.. "my c-section" isn't something a guy would be likely to say.

Since late june early august, i've been having some alarming symptoms. It all started when my father had a health scare than i developed muscle twitching or at least first noticed my muscle twitching. It started in the calf and then spread everywhere from there. They range from small ones i can barely feel to big giant ones that are visible through clothing. Late august i seen my GP, she asked me some questions did some blood work and diagnosed me with GAD and sent me on my way without really ever diagnosing me, well as the months go on i try therapy, medications, the whole 9 and nothing seems to work. In this time i develop some muscle jerks or spasms that make my whole arm or leg move without my having any control. They're only one quick motion then i have all control back. These have only happened about 10 times within the span of a 4-5 month period. All during this time having some what would be taken as perceived weakness on the left side of my body(although i believe it is actually weakness since even doing something as typing this paragraph my forearm starts to burn as if i haven't used it in forever or am working it out) Now suddenly i'm having sinus issues, a headache and a bit of brain fog. I'm wondering if i shouldn't go back to the doctor and have more tests done or if i should just not worry about it. I used to be mortally terrified of ALS, now i'm terrified of a brain tumor. It says the symptoms of a brain tumor are twitches, myoclonic seizures, headache and weakness on one side of body. Are these actual warning signs or am i connecting fictionary dots?

Just some background, 18, male,slightly overweight, family has had minimal cases of cancer in past, very few genetic predispositions, non smoker, and non drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Patterson View Post
    Since late june early august, i've been having some alarming symptoms. It all started when my father had a health scare than i developed muscle twitching or at least first noticed my muscle twitching. It started in the calf and then spread everywhere from there. They range from small ones i can barely feel to big giant ones that are visible through clothing. Late august i seen my GP, she asked me some questions did some blood work and diagnosed me with GAD and sent me on my way without really ever diagnosing me, well as the months go on i try therapy, medications, the whole 9 and nothing seems to work. In this time i develop some muscle jerks or spasms that make my whole arm or leg move without my having any control. They're only one quick motion then i have all control back. These have only happened about 10 times within the span of a 4-5 month period. All during this time having some what would be taken as perceived weakness on the left side of my body(although i believe it is actually weakness since even doing something as typing this paragraph my forearm starts to burn as if i haven't used it in forever or am working it out) Now suddenly i'm having sinus issues, a headache and a bit of brain fog. I'm wondering if i shouldn't go back to the doctor and have more tests done or if i should just not worry about it. I used to be mortally terrified of ALS, now i'm terrified of a brain tumor. It says the symptoms of a brain tumor are twitches, myoclonic seizures, headache and weakness on one side of body. Are these actual warning signs or am i connecting fictionary dots?

Just some background, 18, male,slightly overweight, family has had minimal cases of cancer in past, very few genetic predispositions, non smoker, and non drinker.
    Hi Tyler,

Seems to me that you might be over-thinking things a little. Those who suffer from anxiety tend to display a common phenomenon known as "catastrophic thinking"; in plain words, this means an over-reaction to events or things that people typically percieve to be normal.

The warning signs you mentioned are symptoms of at least dozens of other conditions spread throughout the body, ranging from mild to severe. So how does your doctor know which one to treat? Well he takes as much background information as possible and then starts some preliminary tests like a vitals check-up and simple blood work. Next, he'll narrow it down to a few of the most likely conditions, which he'll then further test on to try to come to an official diagnosis and begin treatment.

If the chance of a brain tumour makes you anxious, by all means request to do a CT scan or MRI to check for anomalies. If nothing else, a negative test result will put your anxiety at ease, while your doctor can get back to work figuring out what the real cause of your symptoms are.

Hope this helps.
    - Dr. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by jp1092 View Post
    I just found out my friend has general anxiety and i now feel bad because I've barrage her with nothing but whyshe for weeks now. Like why are you acting like this and how come you won't let me fix what's wrong. Now she won't even acknowledge I exist. How do I fix it without setting her off?
    Dealing with someone like this is tricky. Most of the time, they don't know whats wrong with themselves in the first place, which is why your friend might be getting upset at you. It's most likely because she's confused and scared.

The best thing you can do at this point is to comfort her and let her know that there are many people out there living with anxiety or depression, and many are successfully treated. When she is ready and willing, visit her doctor so that they can advise next steps.
    - Dr. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by NixonRulz View Post
    He is a dude. As in the father. No C-section for him ��
    Ah i see the misunderstanding. I was answering the question of the previous poster worrier2015.

I am just now about to answer the gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by RealisticTrain View Post
    Hi Tyler,

Seems to me that you might be over-thinking things a little. Those who suffer from anxiety tend to display a common phenomenon known as "catastrophic thinking"; in plain words, this means an over-reaction to events or things that people typically percieve to be normal.

The warning signs you mentioned are symptoms of at least dozens of other conditions spread throughout the body, ranging from mild to severe. So how does your doctor know which one to treat? Well he takes as much background information as possible and then starts some preliminary tests like a vitals check-up and simple blood work. Next, he'll narrow it down to a few of the most likely conditions, which he'll then further test on to try to come to an official diagnosis and begin treatment.

If the chance of a brain tumour makes you anxious, by all means request to do a CT scan or MRI to check for anomalies. If nothing else, a negative test result will put your anxiety at ease, while your doctor can get back to work figuring out what the real cause of your symptoms are.

Hope this helps.
    - Dr. Dan
    Thats the thing that's frustrating though. I haven't been back to the doctor since early September simply because of the fact she didn't do a physical exam, just blood work and diagnosed me. I'm legitimately wondering if i should go back or if i am just thinking crazy. It could just a cold or the flu but something tells me its more is all. Just a frustrating circle i guess.