Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Threaded View

Hi,

I am currently going through a really stressful time. I have gad and health anxiety and moved to a new house and started a new job 6 months ago. I am starting prozac this weekend due to the anxieties I have been having at and about work.

I am having a few symptoms that I keep forgetting to bring up to my Dr and I wanted reassurance that it is my anxiety and that it will pass.

1. When I start worrying about something I immeidately think my life is terrible and I am never going to get better. It is like an underlying feeling I am worried that this will eventually lead to suicidial thoughts and that adds more fear.

2. I feel weird when I over hear other ppl talking about their lives. For example today I over heard a person at work in the other room talking about how he quit college and made me feel weird like I was wondering how he could live with that decision, how much stronger I was mentally in my college days, how I couldn't handle college in my current state,etc.

I will do the same thing with characters in movies and tv shows when i am anxious. I will project myself onto them or their situations in a similar way. It makes it impossible to enjoy such activities.

Are these typical for someone struggling with gad?

Thanks
    Last edited by jones27; 10-28-2016 at 08:45 AM.