Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Body aches, stomach pains, constant nausea, TATT?

I was wondering if someone can put me out of my misery, Im wondering if I am poorly and its not been found (Ive had an ultra sound scan, x ray, blood tests, h pylori test, an upper endoscopy all neg)..
    ..doe anyone else suffer with the following:

constant nausea
    terrible pains in your stomach, like youve been punched several time
    constant tense feeling in your stomach
    tired all the time (TATT) and feeling weak
    shakey hands sometimes
    Body aches
    when you stand up or move round suddenly its like things around you are moving/swaying (only lasts a few seconds)

Im hoping Im not on my own, that some body somewhere will feel the same!??

I think it would be so much easier to get out the house, infact I know it would be easier, if I didnt feel like cr*p to start with.. if you feel like youve got the flu you stay at home till youre better, only I always feel ill and Im so fed up of it.. whenever Im out and my bellys hurting or I feel so nauseous I think I might be sick at any point I just get into an even bigger panic.. plus with the tiredness and weak feelings it makes me feel even wobblier!

Is it just me, or have I got some awful disease that Ive got to get to the bottom of.. I think my doctor thinks Im mad, and there arent that many tests left to do one me surely (an MRI, lower endoscopy.. it could go on and on I guess)!

N.

I get the same symptoms, and also have had negative test results. My doctor keeps brushing me off with SSRI (from of anti depresants) which don't work.

Sadly, i can't offer any help in regards of making things easier.

Agoraphobia is destroying my life, and everyone i've tried to get help from couldn't give a dam about me.

I apologise, not exactly a posotive message.

Just wanted to let you know your not alone.

Niall.

Hi Nikki

I am new to this forum but I have had exactly the same symptoms you describe, and 3 months now

the constant nausea is unbearable and I am only free of it when I am asleep. I have also had an exhaustive array of tests, and my doctors believe it to be anxiety.

the stomach pain i have is like a deep ache, like it wants to gurgle but it can;t- like I have been punched hard in the stomach, it feels "tight" like a tight fist. My symptoms are not affected by food. I worry a lot about serious medical causes still. I am actually a doctor and this makes things so much worse!

I did have some success with low dose amitriptylene but now it has stopped working. If I find a good treatment I will let you know!

Re: Body aches, stomach pains, constant nausea, TATT?

Quote Originally Posted by nikki2008

constant nausea
    terrible pains in your stomach, like youve been punched several time
    constant tense feeling in your stomach
    tired all the time (TATT) and feeling weak
    shakey hands sometimes
    Body aches
    when you stand up or move round suddenly its like things around you are moving/swaying (only lasts a few seconds)
    Hi nikki2008,

i experienced similar symptoms back when i was right in the middle of extreme anxiety earlier this year. i felt like someone had punched me right in the stomach, it was sore and so tense and i thought i would go crazy if i wasn't able to relax. my heart pumped, i sweated, i couldn't sleep, i felt weak and wobbly and shaky pretty much most of the time. i cried a lot too.

my doctors thought it was just anxiety, but i felt it was something more. eventually i discovered that the extreme anxiety was related to food, blood sugars and how i was eating. with new information i was able to stabalise myself through diet and now i am much much much much better!

i suggest you look up the term "hypoglycemia" and see if it relates to you. it's nothing to be alarmed about, it's totally manageable by diet, it just means you have to eat little amounts of food more frequently throughout the day and stay away from too much processed foods, stimulants and sugar. eating regularly is the key.

i have a link about nutrition for anxiety that you might find interesting, i'll PM it to you. i hope this information helps

hmmmm, i had a general blood test quite recently cause i am concerned that its something majorly wrong with me. Would it have shown up in that if i was?

nikki just wondering how you are going? any change in symptoms?

i am new here and have the same nausea symptoms, i too feel there is something wrong with me but cant afford a total health check.

How do they test for hypoglycemia, is it the same as a diabeties test and how do they know the difference?
    "Forget about all the reasons why you can't do something. You only need to find one good reason why you can."

I hit send instead of preview......

It's just that I thought I had diabeties as my Mother had it for 34 years before she passed, so I had the appropriate tests and nothing.... I often feel as if I need to eat something as I feel weak. When I do it goes away.... I felt like this not long before my first anxiety attack in April. Since then it's an everyday occurance.
    "Forget about all the reasons why you can't do something. You only need to find one good reason why you can."

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin
    I hit send instead of preview......

It's just that I thought I had diabeties as my Mother had it for 34 years before she passed, so I had the appropriate tests and nothing.... I often feel as if I need to eat something as I feel weak. When I do it goes away.... I felt like this not long before my first anxiety attack in April. Since then it's an everyday occurance.
    if there are blood sugar problems in your family then it is definitely a good idea to keep an eye on your blood sugars dolphin. you can ask your doctor for tests for hypoglycemia, i think they have to keep their eye on your blood sugars for several hours to watch the fluxuations, it's not as easy as finding diabetes. the types of tests i have read about involve you fasting and then having a sugary drink to see what it does to your blood sugars.

i didn't get tested for it, i was sick and tired of going to the doctor! but when i read about it, it fitted what was happening to me so perfectly and when i implemented the diet my life started to turn around now i'm much better, i still have to watch what and when i eat though, but that's much much better than living with anxiety! here is a link to an article i posted up on hypoglycemia, have a look and see what you think:

http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3750