Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy Zoloft and Sleep

Hi,
    I have been taking Zoloft for maybe a year for generalized anxiety. It was helpful for a while, but since April, when I increased then decreased my dose, I've been waking up at 3 or 4 am every morning. I eventually increased to 175 but it only helped my sleep for 2 days. Now I'm back to waking up at least once every night/early morning and don't think I'm getting good quality sleep when I am sleeping.
    I'm going to see a doctor who's a psychiatrist but specializes in sleep. Hopefully he can help me figure my meds out, but that's not for a couple of weeks. I'm in college and I can't really afford to be this tired all the time. Any ideas?
    take it at night because it makes me way too drowsy in the morning, but I've thought about just taking it in the morning since I'm so tired anyway. but idk if that's a good idea or not... :/
    Help?
    Last edited by Abzav; 10-16-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Hi there
    I also have had sleep issues since increasing my Zoloft dose to 50mg. Sometimes I think that I just can't stop thinking and that's why I can't sleep. I can recommend getting some meditation apps on your phone. If ur having trouble sleeping, pop In ur ear buds and listen to the app to clear your mind. Some apps have relaxation techniques too. I can usually fall asleep before the app is finished

I take mine in the morning because a) it doesn't make me drowsy and b) I was having trouble falling asleep when i was taking it at night,

reading is a great thing to do at night. stretching as well. talk to psych and maybe try a different med. doing mindful walks every day for about 30 mins is amazing. check out MBCT.

I recently increased to 100mg Zoloft. I have never felt like I've gotten a good night's sleep on it, and I take it at night as well. I wake up at least once a night. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has this problem, I'm wondering if taking it in the morning would make a difference. It may be something for both of us to try out.

Courtney

I used to take it in the A.M. I now take Gabapentin 3 times a day, 300 mil each time. I have been able to sleep all night for a while now. The trick is not being scared of switching meds till you find the right cocktail.
    Last edited by Mike Castillo; 12-13-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo

I also take Zoloft 100mg and I have done for almost a year but now I keep forgetting to take them sometime I go 4 days without a tablet and I feel no different and it doesn't effect my sleep pattern at all.

When I first went on them it was a different story tho I was having some very strange dreams and waking 2-3 times a night but I think this is when my anxiety was at a high and I was very conscious of the tablets.

I have to agree with the person above that its about not being scared to try different tablets to find what works for you

Abzav, how you been doing?