Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Experiences with Sertraline?

(Zoloft) Just started on it yesterday...having a super upset stomach. . I'm guessing it's a side affect. can anyone share their experiences on it as far as anxiety goes??

TIA
    Last edited by sweetdaytx; 10-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.

It's one of the milder meds. Starting up, getting off - they usually aren't too troublesome. A lot of your natural serotonin production happens in your gut, which is why it can feel quite upset when some new drug comes on the scene.

It always scores very highly in tests determining drug effectiveness and drug usability. I'd be surprised if it didn't take an edge off of what you're suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03
    It's one of the milder meds. Starting up, getting off - they usually aren't too troublesome. A lot of your natural serotonin production happens in your gut, which is why it can feel quite upset when some new drug comes on the scene.

It always scores very highly in tests determining drug effectiveness and drug usability. I'd be surprised if it didn't take an edge off of what you're suffering.
    Thanks very much for the feedback! I'm hoping i will start to feel it working soon.

Hi Ya they will take a few weeks to fully kick in,I was on 50mg for just over a year and they was really good for me
    What dose are you on? Keep going with them it will help you

Oh hi jessed

Thanks for the feedback! I was put on 50mg. I've been on celexa in the past and it was Very helpful, but I'm nursing my baby so the dr said zoloft is safer.
    I'm just hoping to get some peace back in my life!!

Feeling kind of a yucky, drunk, sleepy feeling. I've never really struggled with depression, just anxiety, but today I am feeling sort of like an empty shell of myself. And I've felt very down and disconnected.

I'm hoping these are side affects that will go away. I sure don't want to feel like this all the time. It's strange I don't recall experiencing any side affects when I was on Citalopam a couple of years ago.

Hello there yes I got this to
    It will pass,stick with them,each day will get easier

Good for me around 6 months worth - when I got to 12 months I had to question the side effects (and despite the mild claims - they are there and its all about how long you depend on such "aids" - It was no picnic coming off them after a years reliance. Takes the brain quite a while to readjust.

Good Luck.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/