Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wow I don't have time to reply to everyone but I agree CBT is the best method. I still do the TEA forms from the CBT book by Sam Obitz all the time and they are great for turning your thinking around and relieving anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by tmays
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl
    I always heard Linden was the same as Lucinda Bassett commercialized CBT that is overpriced?
    Personally I would stick with books from guys like Obitz or Burns and they are cheap or free at libraries
    I would agree but anything is better than being forced meds.
    True, but I hate how people try to capitalize on unsuspecting anxiety sufferers by commercializing other people's research when the same methods are available or next to nothing. But then again that is the free enterprise system :?
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by squirt
    Wow I don't have time to reply to everyone but I agree CBT is the best method. I still do the TEA forms from the CBT book by Sam Obitz all the time and they are great for turning your thinking around and relieving anxiety.
    Great advice. This is what has helped me learn to help myself :mrgreen:

I always heard Linden was the same as Lucinda Bassett commercialized CBT that is overpriced?
    Personally I would stick with books from guys like Obitz or Burns and they are cheap or free at libraries
    It's also important to remember that, although it may feel like it, you are never truly forced to take meds. Doctors, psychiatrists, and therapists may all tell you that you MUST take meds or else. But you are under no obligation to take them. And they are certainly not required for recovery. Indeed, they can sometimes be more harmful than helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbed
    It's also important to remember that, although it may feel like it, you are never truly forced to take meds. Doctors, psychiatrists, and therapists may all tell you that you MUST take meds or else. But you are under no obligation to take them. And they are certainly not required for recovery. Indeed, they can sometimes be more harmful than helpful.
    I think this is an important point missed by many. We always have the final say in whatever we decide to do regarding treatment. Don't ever give away your power or let a doctor, therapist, parent or spouse coerce you into doing anything that you do not think is in your best interest :notice:

Quote Originally Posted by squirt
    Great advice. This is what has helped me learn to help myself :mrgreen:
    Thanks and good for you :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by trackstar
    I agree with both of you guys
    Good see see so many on the same wavelength here. Cbt really works if you use the tools like the TEA forms etc.

FWIW I agree with all of you. I used to think doctors were Gods but had enough bad experiences to figure out how human many of them are. I now realize that I can help myself more than anyone else if I am willing to work at things.

Merry Christmas everyone :tongue:

I agree and disagree with medication, if it helps you calm your anxiety or depression or anything to a level that is that is a lot easier to cope with im all for it,

but at the end of the day its not going to change your thought patterns of how you deal with things

So my point of view, yes meds are good if they work to take the edge off things in the start but arent a magic cure and wont get rid of anxiety ,

cbt or something similar is what is going to change the way we think and help us break the cycle of things