Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face What are your weirdest anxiety symptoms? For Anyone!

I find it gives me great comfort to hear other people having many of the same symptoms I have had when dealing with GAD. Or at the most, hearing that the symptoms I have had are completely normal despite myself doubting it! Therefore, I figured it might help some people to have a thread where some of us may describe some of our common symptoms, to ones where we are not sure it's even GAD.
    I do this, in the hope that we can get some closure on these things. Please, if you wan't to share please do so. Also, do not post random stories you MAY have heard or things that might disrupt the very anxious minds who use this forum! Only firsthand experience please!

For me, I suppose weird ringing in my ears at times, lock jaw, and sensations like someone was poking my muscles in my arms are the weirdest I have felt. Anyone else have such sensations and/or heard of this being symptoms of anxiety?

Thanks!!

Here we go I guess:

• depression
    • severe depression
    • unable to take a deep breath
    • suffocating
    • shaky hands
    • heat waves
    • cold waves
    • weak limbs
    • ant feelings in my fingers both in arms and legs
    • jaw lock
    • jaw pain
    • I'm somewhere, and "it" comes very fast, it jerks me and I need to run
    • hunger causing anxiety
    • unable to be without water
    • having trouble having sex/being aroused by a girl, causing heart pain, insufficent breath
    • heavy disorientation
    • forgetting words, really basic words
    • this bad feeling inside Your head when You forget the word and You cannot remember it
    • unable to talk clearly
    • slurry speech
    • pain strikes in organs
    • fainting like symtpoms
    • hypoglycemia like symptoms [sweating, heat, very anxious]
    • and many more I cannot think of now, since I was with a girl and I feel like really, really, really bad

In case You wondered, these aren't "googled" symptoms. This is my very personal and very real and painful collection of symptoms I've been suffering for past decade. One last thing, I'm not proud on it, I'm devastated by it, honestly and severly.
    "Life is the most valuable currency, spend it well."

Well, I can tell you my funniest one. Every place I ever worked, the guys would get a big kick out of scaring me. They would appear out of nowhere near my desk and I would nearly jump out of my skin. Because I am so anxious, I live just under the startle reflex.

Quote Originally Posted by MJBoyle88 View Post
    I find it gives me great comfort to hear other people having many of the same symptoms I have had when dealing with GAD. Or at the most, hearing that the symptoms I have had are completely normal despite myself doubting it! Therefore, I figured it might help some people to have a thread where some of us may describe some of our common symptoms, to ones where we are not sure it's even GAD.
    I do this, in the hope that we can get some closure on these things. Please, if you wan't to share please do so. Also, do not post random stories you MAY have heard or things that might disrupt the very anxious minds who use this forum! Only firsthand experience please!

For me, I suppose weird ringing in my ears at times, lock jaw, and sensations like someone was poking my muscles in my arms are the weirdest I have felt. Anyone else have such sensations and/or heard of this being symptoms of anxiety?

Thanks!!
    This is quite embarrassing lol, but the weirdest symptom I have is the feeling that my boobs are swollen and sore.

I like your idea of trying to lighten the associated anxiety of the symptoms by laughing at them. Kind of takes the power and pain out of them.

Visible muscle spasms in my arms and legs. It has made my daughter laugh at me (chuckle) a few times.
    My wife will also bust my chops for not being able to watch horror films with her anymore.

I thought this was only me!
    Ever since I developed anxiety I've become extremely easily startled
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne1221 View Post
    Well, I can tell you my funniest one. Every place I ever worked, the guys would get a big kick out of scaring me. They would appear out of nowhere near my desk and I would nearly jump out of my skin. Because I am so anxious, I live just under the startle reflex.
    What you think, you become

My weirdest and one of the scariest was a feeling of rocking side to side but really I wasn't. Still get it from time to time but 6 months ago this would last for hours.
    What you think, you become

Quote Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
    My weirdest and one of the scariest was a feeling of rocking side to side but really I wasn't. Still get it from time to time but 6 months ago this would last for hours.
    I can hear my heart beat pounding in myears. This is very unnerving!

Quote Originally Posted by prouddad View Post
    I like your idea of trying to lighten the associated anxiety of the symptoms by laughing at them. Kind of takes the power and pain out of them.

Visible muscle spasms in my arms and legs. It has made my daughter laugh at me (chuckle) a few times.
    My wife will also bust my chops for not being able to watch horror films with her anymore.

prouddad, thats pretty funny because I'm the same way. I always get the tightness and spasms. And when it comes to horror movies or even dramas sometimes I get uncomfortable. Case in point, my girlfriend and I wanted to start watching breaking bad because everyone has gone crazy about it. ( or has, since the show is over at this point) and I couldn't really relax the whole episode. Not panic or real heavy symptoms, just that eerie feeling you get when you first start feeling anxiety, then jaw tightness (at least for me). Annoying!

I reflexively put my hands up over my chest when I am in large noisy areas and want to leave, like a rabbit does when they sit back on their hind legs. It looks silly and my husband has laughed at me a few times. I don't even realize I am doing it.