Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Anxiety re: weakness in hands

Hi,

I'm new here and can't decide if I belong or whether I should be in a different forum (for a particular disease) so bear with me. A few months ago, I was suffering from pain in my lower extremities and it persisted long enough for me to see my GP about it. His advice was to stay off my feet more (I had a standing desk at work...stood 10-12 he's/day). My feet have improved a bit but during that time, the ice bucket challenge went viral (yes, I accepted it) and als became much more mainstream. A co-worker of mine mentioned a family friend of his who passed away from the disease and how it started with tingling in his feet...I'd never considered anything sinister about my feet until then. So I made the mistake of doing a few web searches and all of the sudden found myself twitching, etc and have mostly freaked out about it. I saw my GP again who assured me based on a quick exam that I'm ok and then saw a neurologist who did a more thorough exam and concluded the same. In the last few days, I've experienced hand soreness and fatigue and my minds racing again. I've never in my life been an anxious person so I'm in uncharted territory. Is it possible that my stress/anxiety can cause real symptoms? I know this weakness/fatigue is real because I feel it...having a hard time believing I'm doing it to myself through stress. Any help?

I too get a very weak feeling and shakiness this sems to correspond with my anxiety. But then I start to panic more. I start to think I have diabetes or im having a stroke. This causes me to start the vicious cycle.