Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Celexa 20mg no longer working

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with celexa 20mg? I started at 10mg about 3 1/2 months ago and moved up to 20mg about a month and a half ago. Initially when I take the meds I feel better, quite a bit of relief from my symptoms. Then everything comes flooding back. Does it mean I should up my dosage? Change meds? I'm trying to get in with a therapist because my anxiety and panic attacks are keeping me up at night. Initially I fall asleep and then wake up and panic or can't sleep because of a tight stomach and I feel like I have to focus on my breathing to keep breathing. Sounds crazy and that's how I feel! I'm looking for relief and not sure where to turn. I have a doctors appt next week but I wanted some suggestions. Thanks for reading all of this and any comments will help!

Maybe the 20 mg hasn't fully kicked in. It usually takes 6-8 weeks. I really like lexapro, which is similar to Celexa. Another SSRI will probably do the same thing as the celexa. See what your doctor says. It may take a little longer for the upped dose to kick in for you