Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

New to all this. Is this common?

Hi all newbie here.

So i've finally started getting treatment after 5 years of being housebound. At first my GP pretty much refused to help me unless i went to the GP surgery to see him for help, even though i told him the town that the GP surgery is in is a major anxiety hotspot for me. So i've spent 5 years in limbo. But now i've managed to change GP's and am finally getting the help i need. The first step was a call from a mental health team. The man who called wasn't very helpful at all, he basically had the same view as my original GP, which was, if you want help then you have to start coming to see us. I asked about home or telephone sessions but he told me that they didn't do them. After a lot of umming and ahhhing he put me on to a different team who now give me phone, home and internet sessions.

The person that is helping me now is female. She seems very nice, understanding and we also have a good laugh. But she also comes across as very flirtatious. While talking to me on the phone she mentioned that i had a nice voice and seemed to love that fact that i'm 6.4" tall and work out 5 days a week. She then started to ask about partners, relationships and we soon ended up talking about sex (or lack thereof) She would say things like "Wow no sex for 5 years! a big strong young man like you must be bursting by now? We need to get your sorted" I must admit that i'm not totally innocent, i did flirt back. She then pressed for a home visit with me to which i agreed. She seems a similar age to me (i'm 31 and i'd say she's late 30's) and single. The home sessions seem to be the same as the phone session, partly serious, a good laugh and pretty flirtatious. The whole thing seemed more like a date that's going well rather than therapy. She has booked me in for another home session which is coming up soon.

So far out of all the help i've received she's been the most helpful and she genuinely seems to care unlike the others. But i'm just wondering if this treatment is common or not? Or is this flirting some kind of confidence building technique? It does get very raunchy at times.

I would not know, never had any therapist beside my psychiatrist, and she is great
    Welcome to the forum Englishman,
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Howdy Englishman, Welcome to the forum. I am gonna go out on a limb here and state the obvious ( i feel ) . I would say that you are about to get a little more than just counseling, if you know what i mean. If she seems to be helping you with your issue what the heck, two for one. LOL
    " it is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt ", Mark Twain.