Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Red face Taking the dreaded route again

Right, so I have to go in to work to get my induction date and fill in some forms. I have to take the route I had my latest 2 panic attacks. I'm going to try and implement what I learned, but of course I am a bit worried. Trying not to work myself up to much to it and I'll try and do my good breathing and happy thoughts. I got my fiancé with me for when I hit anxiety lvl 10

I'm noticing I am paying to much attention to my body at the moment. Thoughts like: "My vision is not as good", "I feel a bit tired and faint". So I need to realise now that this is caused by my nerves and anticipation anxiety and tell myself that it is going to be al-right. I just wanted to vent on the forum a bit before I left. Have it in writing sort of speak. I'll tell you all how it went when I come back. I know I'll make it through, but I don't know how uncomfortable I'll be. It's that uncomfortable feeling you know. Well, wish me luck (see the doubt in the last 2 phrases, I'll need to stop that lol).

Kixxi,
    You can do this! Hope you made it without too much discomfort/anxiety. Be sure to let us know how it went.

Well it is safe to say that this time it went really well. I did feel some anxiety coming up, on the anxiety scale I would only give it a two. I noticed my breathing was getting really shallow and fast. So I concentrated on my breathing and thought of only positive reactions. Because of this I could stop it before it got to the really uncomfortable bit and a full fledging panic attack. So one day at a time but quite a victory today. Also told my boss I suffer from anxiety, and to my surprise she did to for a long time. So I am happy to have an understanding environment. So all good news here Hope this will help you all out there and give you some new hope.