Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Red face Trying to find help with people who know what it's like

Hi everyone,

My name is Sandra and I have been suffering from all types of anxiety disorders. The worst one for me is unfamiliar, busy places or basically anywhere outside the house. I have improved slightly over the years, but shopping by myself in a supermarket is something you won't see me do. Even waiting in line at the post office is a terrible experience for me and I just want to run. I have tried many techniques, some work a little others not at all. My main goal is getting to know people that suffer the same symptoms, especially one in particular, that I will mention a little later. I also want to try and help others by sharing my experiences.

I have been suffering from anxiety disorders since the age of 20. I am now 27 and trying to cope with this anxiety. I recently got enough courage to go out and find a job (with many panic attacks along the way). Worst thing is that my employers do not know about my anxiety and I won't say anything because I am afraid I might get fired. The worst symptom for me is a loss of balance, and I tried nearly everything to stop it or lessen it: breathing properly from the stomach not the chest, slow breathing, relaxing thoughts, etc. The only thing that does seem to work is going into a quiet place, such as a nearby toilet for example. Sad thing is, I don't think I can have that many toilet breaks at work lol. If anyone has suffered or suffers from a bad loss of balance during an anxiety attack, please help me! Experiences, tips, anything is welcome.

Nice to meet you all guys & girls.

I'm the same age as u and I would let ur employer know about ur situation. I been through it all it sucks. Have u ever taken any medication