Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

On-Screen Nudity causes Extreme Anxiety?

Hi, I wanted to know if there's someone else like this, or if there's someone that could just help me out with some advice. I'm a 19 year old, gay male who has a almost severe reaction to on-screen nudity. My heart starts to race and I become majorly depressed, most times suicidal, for no reason at all. I started reacting like this about 4 years ago when I saw the ESPN body issue magazine. It has grown into such a severe condition that I haven't been to the movie theater in almost 2 years because I feel as I don't want to run into nudity.To make things worse VH1 has a show coming out next month with couples in the nude called "Dating Naked", and I am so scared to see that day. I'm scared that I will commit suicide because of this since nudity is becoming more common, and I can't run away from it.

Also, I am a webcam model for Streamates and get complements from other men seeing me naked every day. I do not believe that this problem comes from me being uncomfortable with my body because I'm completely fine with being naked and showing my body. I have never had penetrative sex or had a boyfriend, but mess around quite a lot orally with other guys which kind of has been something I cant help myself with for the past 3 years. At 16 I was doing anything to sneak out the house to see older men and mess around, which I feel I was doing as an alternative to drinking or smoking to forget about my problems..

I know its a long read but please help! I'd greatly appreciate it. THANKS!

To be honest with you, I think you really need to talk to a doctor and see a therapist about this. There is some issue there and it causes such a HUGE reaction for you, it sounds like you need to talk this out and get to the bottom of it. You are seeing the problem here...you can avoid movies and tv, but then it becomes a fear that is strong.

No it is not long read, and I am with Anne about talk with doc or therapist. You should not even think about option like suicide. Please talk to someone as soon as possible. Just tell him/her like you told us, and Welcome to the forum
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore