Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Valium for flying anxiety

So I went and got a prescription from my doctor for valium for my flying anxiety. I am flying to the UK (about 7 hour flight) and was really freaking out. She gave me a prescription for 5mg tablets and told me to take 1-2, she said because of my weight I may need the full 2 in order to feel the effects. At her suggestion, I tried taking 1 tablet last night to see how I do. It knocked me right out, and today I am feeling a little dizzy and unbalanced. Is this normal? Did I take too much and maybe should try a lower dose when flying? Any advice would be appreciated.

I had valium when in hospital but only 2mg and i was out of it for the whole afternoon then woke up for a little food and then thebrest of the night? So i kind of had the same effect when i first went on it... Though the difference is that ive been on it constantly since then and only now am i starting to come off.. It is so addictive so be careful with it.. I know after a few tomes taking it my body almost needed it or else id get a headache and go all light-headed! I hope this helps but i took it for a different reason! Haha