Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
    My doc has me on 200mg Pristiq, which I have been on for a month or two. I don't feel too anxious but my fingers and body feel tingly and my head spins and feels heavy. It's a difficult sensation to describe. Not sure if it's relevant but the last couple of nights I've had trouble sleeping, it felt as if my body was pumped with adrenaline. I take my medication in the morning and feel these sensations are strongest when I wake up before taking the medication.

If anyone has any similar experiences I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance,
    Elsa

I felt that sense of adrenaline rush when I took Wellbutrin. I knew it was my medication causing it because that pumped feeling was stronger than if I had drank 2 gallons of coffee. Is 200 mg a high dosage? The higher the dose, the more likely you will experience side effects.

Hello,
    Well i think you need to take some herbal supplement if those prescribed meds are not working. Sumenta herbal supplement is a great alternative for it just try once and see the difference.

Thanks guys. I'm interested in this herbal med, can I take it with prescribed meds or will it mess with my serotonin levels?
    I saw my doc, he said my metabolism is ridiculously fast and I was experiencing withdrawals. I have to split my dosage and take 100 at night and 100 when I wake up. I feel a lot better since doing it that way so hopefully it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by elsa View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm interested in this herbal med, can I take it with prescribed meds or will it mess with my serotonin levels? I saw my doc, he said my metabolism is ridiculously fast and I was experiencing withdrawals. I have to split my dosage and take 100 at night and 100 when I wake up. I feel a lot better since doing it that way so hopefully it works out.
    Hi Elsa

You should NOT take any medication containing such as St. John's wort (as the above does) whilst you are taking any SSRI/SNRI, it interacts and can be dangerous.

Please don't take any medications (herbal or otherwise) without prior consultation with your prescriber.

All the best
    Last edited by Fourteen14; 06-19-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

Thanks for that! My doc had warned me about St. John's wort & a couple of others that I shouldn't take. Hopefully my meds are working like they should now anyway