Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hi Cullingford,
    He is really into the robotics and some video game called mine-craft. I guess they build houses or forts or something. Right now he is only 8 so his building medium is cardboard and duct tape. He will also disassemble anything electronic that he can find (i have to watch his ass on that ). My dad bought him a whole tool set last year so now nothing is safe, lol.

My kids play that mine craft thing I can't get what the big deal is all about it doesn't look very good to me but they love it. Obviously he has a very inquiring mind but this is coming from the bloke who aged six dismantled the television! my dad went mental .

That's hilarious about the Television but if my son did that i would be right there with your dad

I find trying meditation is a must (meditation...not medication)

Also, valarian root is a natural supplement...great for calming the mind

Dr. George Grant from Toronto has some very insightful things to say about depression...Academy of Wellness is his website

One of the greatest books (in my opinion) ever written on calming the mind is, The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. I find this a must read for anyone trying to rest their minds and anxiety.

"A New Earth" is also an amazing book by the same author...Eckhart Tolle. Both books are must reads. They are a little hard on the head but once read and implimented, they are amazing!

For anyone struggling with stress/anxiety that is triggered by other people a good read is, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.

Another good book by Don Ruiz is, "The Voice of Knowledge"...he is different than the typical styles of writing on stress and anxiety but his work has the ability to transform someone's life