Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Please, advice?

Please, advice?

I posted a thread here before asking for some advice, but got no response.
    I need some advice on how to deal with my travel anxiety.
    I am okay with cars/coaches but I once tried a fast track train and had a panic attack.
    I've been scared ever since. I was thinking about trying this again this weekend... but I need help and advice on the best way to do this/ if I should even do this?

Please... can anybody help.

Have you tried to have something with you that you can focus your attention on? Sometimes not looking at the world go by so fast can help.

What is it about this type of travel that makes you so uncomfortable?

Distraction is good take a book or your iPod or something you enjoy.

Perhaps try something like rescue remedy to help calm you. Also it may sound silly but eat a banana before you travel they are supposed to help calm nerves.

Hannah

Quote Originally Posted by needtogetwell View Post
    Have you tried to have something with you that you can focus your attention on? Sometimes not looking at the world go by so fast can help.

What is it about this type of travel that makes you so uncomfortable?
    It's the closed in spaces, in a fast track train the windows do not open and it is quite cramped. Or at least feels cramped.

Quote Originally Posted by petrified View Post
    Distraction is good take a book or your iPod or something you enjoy.

Perhaps try something like rescue remedy to help calm you. Also it may sound silly but eat a banana before you travel they are supposed to help calm nerves.

Hannah
    What's rescue remedy?

I googled the term and found this:
    Rescue Remedy Products

…is the most famous of the Bach remedies, but in fact is not ‘a remedy’ at all. Instead it’s a blend of five different Bach Flower Remedies:

This mix was created by Dr Bach to deal with emergencies and crises – the moments when there is no time to make a proper individual selection of remedies. It can be used to help us get through any stressful situations, from last-minute exam or interview nerves, to the aftermath of an accident or bad news. Rescue Remedy helps us relax, get focused and get the needed calmness.