Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Need Advice. Anxious Travellor.

Hiya, I'm fairly new to this Forum.
    I have suffered from Anxiety for roughly 8 years now and one of my problems is travelling.
    I am fine when it comes to travelling by car/coach and trains in which you can open the windows but I am having trouble with Fast Track trains...

The first and last time I tried to travel this way I had a panic attack and had to get off of the train. I ended up in hospital that night and I have been afraid to try ever since. This was 4 years ago.

I was recently thinking of trying again, but the tickets cost a lot of money and I don't want to waste it all if I have another panic attack.
    I was looking for some advice on what I should do.
    If I go by train, how would I overcome/cope with this?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Do you find that this happens when you're on your own? I'm just thinking that maybe if you explained to a friend or family member and got them to come with you that might help?
    This post was a while ago, has much changed since then?

Hope all's well (from a fellow travel anxiety sufferer)

I had a panic attack one on a coach, woah I avoided going in them for a while.

The best thing to do is to go with a friend and talk, distract yourself, practise breathing techniques.

You can do it!
    What you think, you become