Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I have to go along with Dahila here this subject is a very big trigger for some here.

I personally believe in God but not in any practicular religion. No disrespect, but I just don't buy all the stuff in the Bible and other religious books. I even believe in Jesus too. And I believe in that phylosophy in which they say we are a soul that has a body, not the other way round.
    Ultimately it didn't change much at all. But I do pray and that takes off some shit off my chest actually.
    And I think that science and religion can go together. Just think about the beginning of the universe, matter just was out of nowhere - which we know is not possible but it still happened. I believe that it was created by some higher power, ultimate energy which some call God ( who we know is omnipotent ) or whatever anyone believes in. But at the end of the day it's the same thing no matter what we call it or what we make out of it.

Glad to be where I am.

I can honestly say, that I fell into the brainwashed, your a no good sinner, no matter what yo do, department, growing up. I'm glad now, even though it's been a hell of a journey, that I can say I believe in God, and yet NOT JUDGE others, doing so. I feel I can believe what I do, and respect the heck out of what someone else does. I have many kinds of friends. Some who believe, others who don't, and ARE AWESOME, different races, hippy dudes, beliefs, etc... That's one area of my life, I'm proud about. I'm ok being what I am, even if criticized, because I know in my heart I am not a judgmental person at all, and everyone has the right to believe what they want. And I like and accept them all. Have a great day. D.

Hey,

Honestly, there's people who use different religions as something to have their backs in life. Even though they know it's all an illusion they've made up in their mind. Kind of like waiting for santa claus all year and then find out on christmas that there's no santa claus. Well they know that there isn't a santa, but they believe in it because... well... it makes them happy I guess?

Although, I would only believe in a religion if I find it logical and rational and explains how and why we live today. I'm personally not an atheist and probably never will be. Mostly because it has nothing to offer. What happens after death?

I believe in higher power because look at the world. So perfect, so beautiful and so amazing. I don't think this came out of nowhere. And 0+0 will never be 1. Just like everything has a creator, I think the world has a creator too.

It's a very complex subject and to your question: religion can be good and can be bad and which is right/wrong shouldn't be discussed here. There's forums for that too. Nothing wrong with bringing up that question tho

Wish you the best
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

there was no beginning not really, we just do not understand it, there will be no end, we are animals even if we say not we are not. We will die same way as animals die and be reabsorbed the planet, used as compost for the next phase.... Religion is not good or bad the people are, and they create the religion, they use it to have power over others.
    I wonder when people start to think for themselves.....
    Peace )
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    there was no beginning not really, we just do not understand it, there will be no end, we are animals even if we say not we are not. We will die same way as animals die and be reabsorbed the planet, used as compost for the next phase.... Religion is not good or bad the people are, and they create the religion, they use it to have power over others. I wonder when people start to think for themselves..... Peace )
    Indeed Dahila!

To be precise, the early human is thought to have no more or less instinctual function than any other mammal.

The very recently developed human brain, that provides sufficient cognition to form the concepts of our own mortality, of religions, deities, our (human) belief that we are somehow of intrinsic importance to the universe, is actually a "malfunction" in the sense of a very rapid and abnormal twist in evolution.

It depends on your personal viewpoint as to whether the extraordinary cognitive function of the human species is a help or a hindrance.

I personally believe that any notions of afterlife, supernatural, eternal salvation and second chances, actually creates complacency.

If someone holds the belief that all is forgiven in the next life, will they truly live this (actual) life to the full?

Regardless of religious belief, should we not all be grabbing life with both hands and living every moment to the full, enjoying and appreciating everything around us. Seeking pleasure in every single day we breathe air?

By attempting to pacify our fear of death with notions of "it will be ok, heaven is even better so I can relax a little about it ", should we not be jumping out of out seat and rejoicing that we are in fact (today) alive!
    "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

Kind of agree with you Dahila :P

Hm. Well, I guess it all comes down to how you think and what you believe. I can't accept an ideology where I would just disappear after I die or that our world didn't have a start. If we look at everything today, it has a start and an end. Animals, humans, material, etc. And everything, like it's crazy how everything is so perfect. That's only my opinion though.

I also remember my first panic attack. I thought I was dying and at that time, I was an atheist. But after that experience, thinking I'm gonna die, I started to pray to God haha. It happend automatically, as if it's deep inside us or something. That's what got me thinking so much about this. Atm I'm reading about Buddhism and Islam.

Agree with you 100%, religion is not good/bad, it's the people. Some uses it to benefit for themselves.

Peaceee
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

what the fuck is that shit doing in here ... FUCK OFF! does that answer your question ...

I was fucked by religion both mentally and physically RAPED ...

Starts at page 80 ... religion KILLED my brother and FUCKED us both ...

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...ck-List/page80

Antagonize me at your own risk!

14 thank you, such beautiful post.
    Alias the nature is perfect, is it not? When I look at all this I want to believe too, and maybe i did when I was young....you use whatever help you to survive.
    I agree with 14 about not living the live to the fullest. Religion and believes they limit us. We waiting and waiting and the life, such precious gift just passes.........

People do not read the forum and post the thread which triggers a lot of others. They should live it for Facebook and all this Jesus loves you, jesus is my lord and I believe.....bla , bla... It is good on facebook. Here we should have friendly place for sufferers, we do not need any more brainwashing. I bet most of us had it .....
    Last edited by Dahila; 05-16-2014 at 08:05 PM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

RELIGION is responsible for the pain it claims to cure ... fuck off idiots!

Are they waiting for me to pop in so they can start with the debates???

Get the fuck out of here - As cully said ... and they know it cully ...

FUCK OFF CUNTS!!!!