Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

prozac dosing and timing of anxiety

Hi Everyone,
    I had a question regarding timing of your anxiety. I recently seem to be (relatively) fine during the day and then my anxiety becomes worse at night. It's almost like in dementia patients when they become agitated and "sundown" in the later afternoon. I'm thinking it's because the day is done and I have more space in my mind to start to freak out? Does anyone else experience this?
    I also spoke with my doctor yesterday and she told me to take my 10mg of prozac every other day instead of daily and continue with the klonopin every evening, morning, and then a half of a tab during the day as needed. I read that since prozac has a long half life I shouldnt experience any withdrawal symptoms........ so far so good but I'm nervous (of course) Has anyone else or does anyone else take their med every other day? I have a follow up appointment with her 5/23.

I wouldn't worry about taking Prozac every other day, you shouldn't feel any withdrawls. You said it, Prozac has an incredibly long half life and withdrawl symptoms are quite rare.

Good luck
    Pam

Hi daisy :-)

I have always found evening and bedtime is the worst for my anxiety. I agree it's because the day is coming to end and you more time to think which usually means worry for me.

Your Prozac question, yeah pam is spot on withdrawal symptoms were minimal with me. I decided to come off mine myself about 4-5 month back. I had no withdrawal symptoms at all. I am currently taking them again but it was my mistake to come off them myself when I wasn't ready.

Hope you are doing well :-)

Hannah