Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    So do I , coffee wired me but does not make me anxious, a lot of that is the connection you do....
    I totally agree Dahila
    "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

I am with Ponder on the Ritalin thing. I do not function at all without my morning/evening caffeine. ( I drink way to much ) but I think it keeps me more focused and my thoughts are not all over the place. IDK

There is many awesome things in the world but the best is morning coffee))))))))

No one talking just coffee and I

Yep John - me to with the evening jolt as well. hehehee Many people say it interferes with their sleep. There must be something wrong with me, as I can enjoy an evening dose and (when not suffering huge amounts of stress) - can still rock myself to sleep. To be fair though, I do utilize sound files with simulated ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs

Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I would never quit on it. I am suffering with GAD my whole long life, and coffee never was cause of my panic attack. Other things yes. It will get you agitated for a while, raise your blood pressure slightly and deliver a lot of antioxidant to the body. The cause of panic and anxiety is not COFFEINE
    Please stop scaring people, and deny them a bit of pleasure as the morning coffee is. You have wrong idea about it, and welcome to the forum
    WOW the animosity. Did I say anywhere that caffeine is the cause of panics and anxiety? Please show me where?

No I said that some people can be very sensitive to caffeine and it can bring on your anxiety. Research it, it's a fact, I'm not scaring anyone. If you aren't sensitive to it then great for you but some are (including myself so I speak from my own experience, from research and from others' first hand experience).

For some people it's worth trying without caffeine and see if have a different reaction, that's all.

Incidentally, I love coffee too have do have the odd caffeine coffee but mostly I drink De caff as it doesn't make me shaky and anxious

sheesh
    Last edited by Natural Mystic; 05-15-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mystic
    I am sure many of you know that caffeine is a no no for anyone who is susceptible to panic and anxiety.
    What does NO NO means to you? BTW decaff is full of chemicals and you lose the benefits of coffee which should be drunk black without milk or even worse cream..
    You are new here and please be supportive to others, so you will receive it back )

What does NO NO means to you? BTW decaff is full of chemicals and you lose the benefits of coffee which should be drunk black without milk or even worse cream..
    You are new here and please be supportive to others, so you will receive it back )
    I'm sorry, are we in high school "you are new in our club so beware"

oh puhlease

I suggest you might be more welcoming, maybe you should look at it from that angle ?

I'm hoping we are not all going to fall out over coffee.

Perhaps I could draw attention to the personal interpretation of text (it does not have the tonal interpretation we benefit from in face to face encounters). And often results in folk getting the wrong end of the proverbial stick.

Let's all grab a coffee (decaf or caf...it's personal choice)

Then re group?
    "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

14) that's very good idea, I am going downstairs to make a new pot) Dark Roast Columbian

14) that's very good idea, I am going downstairs to make a new pot) Dark Roast Columbian
    My favourite ! You can always rely on South America for a quality buzz