Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Caffeine

Kuma I am the same, and it seems that I am not approachable with out the coffee. I can not even talk to anyone without the morning coffee.
    Last edited by Dahila; 05-18-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mystic View Post
    I am sure many of you know that caffeine is a no no for anyone who is susceptible to panic and anxiety.

If I have a caffeine coffee I am feeling anxious and shaky within an hour ... it clears after another hour or so.

Stay away from anything containing caffeine

everyone reacts different to different drugs and body chemistry may change over time. i have got panic attacks from too much caffeine but if i limit myself to 1 or 2 cups when i wake up im fine. it's actually very beneficial for helping me wake up and clearing the cloudy feeling i get for hours after waking up until i have that cup. then through the day i have more energy and can focus better. i never use energy drinks or those energy shots. stuff is terrible imo makes my anxiety worse and i feel sick to my stomach.

Does anyone drink diet soda? They are not good for you, but I find myself wanting one occasionally.

I absolutely love caffeine. I usually drink tea/coffee during the mornings when i'm up early for school or work, but on lazy days when i'm just lounging around I don't drink it as often. I went through a phase of having 2-3 coffees a day which was during my addicted stage, but I pretty well snapped out of that. Diet coke on the other hand.. I drink a tonne. I don't drink a lot of juice though which is why i'm okay with drinking diet coke as often as I do. I do drink sugar-free redbull as well from time to time when i'm at work but it's not a daily thing for me anymore.

For me, caffeine doesn't seem to make me panicky unless I drink a LOT. There has only been one time I was shaking and that was at about 4am after 1L of diet coke and a can of redbull. I know it can have a strong impact on a lot of people which is why you have to test your body and see how much you can tolerate without having a panic attack. People like my aunt can only drink decaf coffee or else she'll start having a really bad episode and it takes her a while to come down.

diet soda

Quote Originally Posted by Anne1221 View Post
    Does anyone drink diet soda? They are not good for you, but I find myself wanting one occasionally.
    Yep i drink a lot of it now that coffee started to hurt my stomach, over a 2 liter a day