Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Anesthesia

Anesthesia

Hope I spelled correctly. Will waking up from anesthesia take a while to rid your system and does it cause headaches in the process?

No, as soon as you wake up from anesthesia you should be bouncing around with energy. Many people report feeling hyperactive when waking up from anesthesia. Often when a person has had heart surgery, and been out for several hours, doctors have to handcuff them to the bed, as the first thing they usually want to do is go running.

Feeling tired after awakening from anesthesia may be a symptom of the tropical illness known as Ocylocomosymophocolis.

Symptoms of that can include hair getting slightly greasy if unwashed for a few days, hunger when going a few hours without eating, and sleepiness at around 11pm.

Although in Georgia, I hear you have a different formula. So the answer to your two questions would both be a yes!

It depends how long ur under for my daughter was under for 4 and half hours and was real groggy wen she came round and complained of a sore throat (from the breathing tube) i had a quick 15 min procedure two months ago and was fine wen i came round and was outa there within a hour an half of wakin up

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    No, as soon as you wake up from anesthesia you should be bouncing around with energy. Many people report feeling hyperactive when waking up from anesthesia. Often when a person has had heart surgery, and been out for several hours, doctors have to handcuff them to the bed, as the first thing they usually want to do is go running. Feeling tired after awakening from anesthesia may be a symptom of the tropical illness known as Ocylocomosymophocolis. Symptoms of that can include hair getting slightly greasy if unwashed for a few days, hunger when going a few hours without eating, and sleepiness at around 11pm.
    ok I tried to google this with no luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    ok I tried to google this with no luck?
    It was a joke, my love. Everybody gets those symptoms!

Must be my English humour..

The two questions you've asked can both be answered yes sometimes. Depends how long you're sedated for, and depends how it affects you. Some get headaches, some are ok. I always got a minor headache.

What about heart palps after surgery. My heart rate is in 80s but keep having heart palps very scary could be pain meds i guess?

You are getting heart palps because you are probably anxious and shallow breathing. And 80s is a great heart rate. Mine was 140 after my procedure and i got to go right home.
    ؟•❤◦.¸¸. ◦✿ Alaina ❤◦.¸¸. ◦✿?

Blessed,

Please try to relax. Your heart rate is good. Mine rarely goes under 80!

As Alaina said, you are probably just a bit anxious and shallow breathing.

I do have to say congratulations on getting through the procedure. You faced it now it's done! A big success!

A big win for you, now stop checking your heart rate and do something else that you enjoy.

Pam

Thank you all I just hate feeling so jittery and out of sorts