Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Yes but for beginners who are struggling with on the beginning it helps to develop certain routine. I do meditate for so many years I do not dare to count it, and strongly believe it is what keeps me going)
    ''If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

since have come to understand meditation not being about the seeking and or experience, only then can I truly say that I have discovered what deep meditation means for me. The more clinging to the experience = more purification that's in need.
    -------------
    I also love Guided Meditation. ... and "I don't mind saying" is all about the images and thus the experience.

I think it important to note the differences. Each practice aims for opossing differences, yet both can be as rewarding as other.

It's completely up to us; where each of us looks.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-21-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I always treat guided meditation as a beginning, as a learning tool. What can I say, nothing helps me to calm as Jon Kabat zinn voice, then I take the headphones off and do my own)
    It does not matter what kind of meditation we do, It matters that we do it. I like also mantras too.
    ''If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I agree, Ponder. Though that does not mean you can't have an experience, but if you are actively searching for one you risk skewing it. That is a big component of why I could never really get on board with guided meditation - I didn't like someone else influencing the experience.

But! As Dahila said, it definitely is a great tool for beginners and can work wonders for people that aid from the extra sense of focus it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    Bumping it for Salvator)
    Thanks Dahila! I just read your entire thread, and parts of it are quite funny; very helpful too! I guess this forum had quite a history at one time, but its too bad people aren't using it as much these days. I wonder if people are using other forms of social media now instead. I don't use FB anymore, but I am aware there are some good self help groups - I'm just such a big fan of self help. Actually I also won't be around much myself over the upcoming months. I have to try and put some form of a real life together so I don't wind up a bum forever. I've been down for a long time and worry I'll never get on my feet again.

Anyway, thanks again and best wishes to you

Salvator you will get up and it does not matter how many times you fall. Get up and never give up. I am old woman and the dilemma, you have now, is my company for the last 50 years or so. We will survive)
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

That's it Goomba. Comes into the context of simply "being".
    With regard to influence, I've opened myself up to the strategy of self hypnosis. NLP. I hope to combine my own imagery, and take from those "dare I say - "experiences" (lol) via my medtitaion practices and influence myself in areas I feel that will benifit me.

It takes a bit for others to guide me, but not when I am of like mind with the aims of the practitioner to which I then give myself permission to open up and receive. When I can do that - I find a host of online guided meditations make the act of a quick fix a breeze. just have to be careful not to become too dependant like how I was with pills. Although, from my experience - such is less damaging than what the later was for me.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Bumping the thread, I think the links are needed here...............for youngsters
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

phần đ*t sao lộn xộn quá trời

Le bump

Here's my fav meditation joke:

Woman 1: So has your son got a new job yet?
    Woman 2: No, but he's started meditating.
    Woman 1: Well, at least he's not sitting around doing nothing...