Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Guided Meditation

Somehow I can not find the thread by Forwells about meditation, so maybe it is time to start my own. It will be appreciated to get some insights )
    I will post the links to it
    hundred or so

Jon Kabat-Zinn
    watch me, please
    it is about him
    info

guided meditation with Jon
    put your headphones on

His books are awesome read...
    I hope everyone has a peaceful day

Thanks for posting this Dahila.

I'm also looking into Genes brainsync program.

Pam

brainsync
    tons of that on youtube Pam

It is interesting
    take a look
    Last edited by Dahila; 04-24-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Shortness of breath? Go and learn
    breathing

Hi Dahlia,

I've been practicing mindfulness meditation - especially body-scan meditation - for 2 years and can share a few insights I've acquired in that time.

1) Mindfulness meditation is not a substitute for a lack of sleep. If you have a sleep deficit, you will likely be catching up on sleep during the meditation. It's imperative to sort out that issue, if it is an issue.

2) During the meditation, all kinds of creative thoughts, ideas, solutions, etc. will pop into your head. It's advisable to follow through on them.

3) Do not allow the perceived success or failure of any single meditation affect you. It's important to continue the practice without too much focus on how it manifests day to day.

4) Always. Be. Meditating. Mindfulness isn't just something you do for 30-40 min. per day. The same basic process should be followed during wakefulness: if an undesirable thought comes into your head, you can shift focus to something else, like a goal or an object of sensation. Remember that the biggest lesson from meditation is that at your core you are not your thoughts, feelings or fears. They may come and go, but you can learn control over whether you identify with them and allow your attention to get "sucked in" to them.

If you have any other questions, please holler.

Hi welcome to the forum Haumea.
    I am meditating on and off probably like 15 years. Without the definitions I had practice mindfulness meditation for years, I just did not call it the name)
    Body scan meditation I am practicing for over ten weeks. I have to admit that I like it. Helps with the pains)
    You do not know my secret............... I will let you in..............
    without the meditation I would be dead for over ten years................does it make sense?
    Thank you for posting, and insights ) I hope you will like being on this forum

Tomorrow night when I get home from work I am going to start hitting some of those links and teach myself this meditation. Why am I having such a hard time with just setting apart some quite time? Crap, is there quite time with three kids in the house? That's my biggest stumbling block right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    Hi welcome to the forum Haumea.
    I am meditating on and off probably like 15 years. Without the definitions I had practice mindfulness meditation for years, I just did not call it the name)
    Body scan meditation I am practicing for over ten weeks. I have to admit that I like it. Helps with the pains)
    You do not know my secret............... I will let you in..............
    without the meditation I would be dead for over ten years................does it make sense?
    Thank you for posting, and insights ) I hope you will like being on this forum
    Thank you, Dahlia!

Haha, sure it does. Do you have chronic pains?

Tomorrow night when I get home from work I am going to start hitting some of those links and teach myself this meditation. Why am I having such a hard time with just setting apart some quite time? Crap, is there quite time with three kids in the house? That's my biggest stumbling block right now.
    Guided meditation is great because it allows you to introduce yourself to meditation very quickly - just follow directions! I began with the CD insert from Mindfulness for Dummies from my local library.

Thanks Haumea, I love the guided meditation. is was such struggling without it. Right now body scan without headphones is easy. Very easy, and really help for my screwed up back) There is so many benefits of that.
    JohnC find the time, even 5 minutes a day is more than none. Chose the easiest one. I have it on my mp3 player, so I can do it anywhere. I leave early for work and do meditate on parking lot in my car then go to work
    Haumea I appreciate the insights, and please post some more.

Hey Dahlia,

I think the most important insight is, as I said earlier, you're getting guidance from your higher self when you do the meditation, and it's important to follow whatever guidance you do receive, because it puts you on the right track in your life. It goes beyond the mess of conflicts and doubts that is the personality and right to the source.