Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

Hi, My name is Jess. I'm a Stay At Home Mom of two small children (ages 4 and 10 months old) who suffers from severe anxiety && bipolar. I'm seeing a therapist, and it's helping somewhat, but not to the extent where I won't need medication. I feel out of control and tortured by my illness mentally. Sometimes it gets so bad I can't think and I constantly "wait" for something bad to happen. I was homeless for 7 years with my 4 year old, I now have a place of my own but I'm afraid all of the time. I just don't know what to do. Anyway, that's me. Hopefully I can find some extended support here. Thank You.

Hey jess!

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you've lived quite a life up until now. That's quite a short story you told there. Having bipolar can't be easy.

Do you take any benzos for your anxiety, or do you use medication to just deal with the bipolar. I know there can be different ways of dealing with it.

I hope you feel at home here. Chat, share. It's a great place

Good forum to discuss.

Well I want to say welcome. I'm sure you have some wisdom to share with all your life experiences. So relax sit back and enjoy, share and tell of us your journey when you feel so inclined. You're not alone, never have been and now you'll get to see that as a reality in your life. We all experience sickness in some manner, though we are much more than that. The world as a whole calls normal the most insane things one can imagine. It's understanding this becoming aware of it, and then seeing the "real" us is simple and watching this experience, then we can refuse to identify with this illness as "us" then from it all regain a little sanity of our own type, not the worlds type. One day at a time, learning to love all we are, perfectly imperfect and it's really great.

Peace
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

Hello there and welcome to the forum
    Being a mum of two children to it can be hard to cope with your anxiety etc,but it does get better you won't always have bad days,you will
    Get lots of advice and it's a great place to know your not going through this alone

Hi Jess, welcome to the forum.
    I have major anxiety over just trying to keep my house and I can't imagine how much of a struggle that was for you. Sounds like you're getting some help and you came to a very good forum. There are a lot of very good folks on here. All you have to do is ask and someone on here will probably have some advice or at the very least, lead you in the right directions. I know I am always willing to help when I can.
    P.S. lot of the times you don't even have to ask because someone else probably already did.