Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Would you welcome me with some help?

Hello, it's about 5 am here and I am up with anxiety, thought I would post here. I'm a 23 year old male college student and I've had panic disorder and have been taking Zoloft for most of life. A few days ago I had a really bad panic attack that kept me up until around this same time, I ran out of meds about a week ago and only now got them refilled. So I've been up really late the past few nights because I pretty much go to sleep at the at the same time as the previous night unless my schedule changes. I have class at 9 so tried to go to sleep a few hours ago. Sense then whenever I lay down I get a panicky feeling in my chest, almost like a palpation but more like a cold pit, then comes hot flashes and shivering. This has happened about 4 or 5 times now, every time I think I have calmed myself enough to go to sleep it comes back. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and had any advice? Hopefully the meds will kick back in a few days and this will blow over, until then, any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashman31591
    Hello, it's about 5 am here and I am up with anxiety, thought I would post here. I'm a 23 year old male college student and I've had panic disorder and have been taking Zoloft for most of life. A few days ago I had a really bad panic attack that kept me up until around this same time, I ran out of meds about a week ago and only now got them refilled. So I've been up really late the past few nights because I pretty much go to sleep at the at the same time as the previous night unless my schedule changes. I have class at 9 so tried to go to sleep a few hours ago. Sense then whenever I lay down I get a panicky feeling in my chest, almost like a palpation but more like a cold pit, then comes hot flashes and shivering. This has happened about 4 or 5 times now, every time I think I have calmed myself enough to go to sleep it comes back. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and had any advice? Hopefully the meds will kick back in a few days and this will blow over, until then, any help is greatly appreciated.
    I get this feeling when I don't get much sleep. Although, for me, it's not when I'm trying to fall asleep. When I only get a couple hours, my anxiety is peak the next day, and makes me have the hot flashes, shaking, light headed, and sometimes very nauseous. I know it not exactly the same, but it's kinda close.
    Question: when you do sleep, what kind of dreams are you having? I noticed that my anxiety acts up when I go to bed if my nightmares are more intense than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by After5hock View Post
    I get this feeling when I don't get much sleep. Although, for me, it's not when I'm trying to fall asleep. When I only get a couple hours, my anxiety is peak the next day, and makes me have the hot flashes, shaking, light headed, and sometimes very nauseous. I know it not exactly the same, but it's kinda close.
    Question: when you do sleep, what kind of dreams are you having? I noticed that my anxiety acts up when I go to bed if my nightmares are more intense than usual.
    Thankfully I am not currently having nightmares. When I do it's the same for me with peak anxiety. But yea that's what I feel like. I think the feeling in my chest is actually my stomach. Maybe I just ate something bad, I've had anxiety from upset stomachs before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashman31591

Thankfully I am not currently having nightmares. When I do it's the same for me with peak anxiety. But yea that's what I feel like. I think the feeling in my chest is actually my stomach. Maybe I just ate something bad, I've had anxiety from upset stomachs before.
    I hope you figure it out soon.<3