Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Racing mind

Racing mind

Is it normal to have quite a few different thoughts racing through your mind at one time when anxious? Sometimes it's so many that they don't make sense...this makes me feel INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by mellymel View Post
    Is it normal to have quite a few different thoughts racing through your mind at one time when anxious? Sometimes it's so many that they don't make sense...this makes me feel INSANE!

Yeah, that's pretty normal. I'd say 99.9999999% of the population experiences racing thoughts at one time or another.
    Try writing them down, folding up the paper and putting it away somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mellymel
    I get them really bad to the point that I just have to sit down, and ride it out. I can't concentrate on any, or even have a conversation (one that would make sense anyways). This is usually when I'm bored, and my anxiety starts to act up.

Thank you. I really hate this part of anxiety. Probably even more than my what if thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by mellymel
    Thank you. I really hate this part of anxiety. Probably even more than my what if thoughts.
    Yeah.. Me too!