Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Red face Hi I'm new and looking forward to finally talking to people like me :)

Hello all, my names Kate, I'm 23 and I live in Birmingham UK.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right as I've never done anything like this before, but here it goes! I've had problems with anxiety for about 5 years now, at first it was quite severe but then after a year or so it died down, always there but never rising above (as I'm sure we all know that feeling too) but a few months ago a few things happened in my life and it's come back worse than ever, I won't leave the house on my own unless it's completely necessary and even when I go out with people I usually end up getting too overwhelmed and having a panic attack (which I'd never experienced the first time round)
    I'm hoping to speak to like minded people that aren't gonna brush me off with "you need to talk to a doctor" "if you know it's your mind then why can't you just stop it?" If only it was that easy aye!

Anyway I look ford to (hopefully) hearing off you xo

Hey Kate from Beeeeeeeymingham

How are you today.

I'm Jesse, 24, from London!

I never wrote a biography in the Welcome section, so there's my mini one!

You are most certainly in the company of understanding people. Every person you talk to on here will know almost exactly how you feel after experiencing it first hand. It's very good to talk. Everybody needs to be understood. I promise you'll be understood here, anxiety forum virgin. You'll wish you'd joined sooner.

Some people get so addicted to the site they just never bother going outside again. We're trying to work on that.

Hopefully you'll learn some ways to get further away from anxiety and panic disorder. Many, many people have here already.

Take care.