Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Threaded View

Hi everyone. I'm 24 and I've been obsessing over my heart since my first panic attack 4 years ago. I don't get panic attacks anymore but I still obsess over my heart. Mostly because I have a low resting heart rate of 47-50. I'm 5'11 160lbs and lately I've been working out everyday. I've done all kinds of research trying to find out why mines low and I think it could be due to me taking high grade fish oil for years. Apparently that increases your vagal tone. My heart really speeds up when I inhale then slows way down while I exhale. I am very healthy and have a perfect diet.. I juice vegetables and eat tons of fruit. No caffeine or any crap like that.

During the day my standing heart rate can be anywhere from 60-80 depending on if I've ate etc. When I jog at a fast pace my heart rate is consistently around 140-155 bpm. I've checked my recovery heart rate and it drops around 45 bpm within 2 minutes of stopping running.

I just started running 1-2 miles everyday a couple weeks ago but my heart rate has been low like this for a long time. I went to the Dr and had an ekg almost a year ago because I was worried about it being low and he said everything looks and sounds perfect and he promised me I'm just healthy and nothing is wrong with me but of course I still obsess. When they had me hooked on the ekg my heart rate wasn't low it was around 75 because I was nervous and my heart rate is only low usually when I'm in bed very late at night.

This whole post is unorganized and seems like rambling. I'm sorry. It's very late. I just want to stop obsessing over this. I'm no athlete and it bothers me that I have an athletic heart rate I guess. I'm trying to run everyday to lose some stomach/chest fat but I worry that my heart rate will keep getting lower.

I'm guessing people will come in here and ask me if I'm having any symptoms.. I have plenty of energy. I don't get dizzy although it has happened before when I get up fast. I feel fine when I'm running. I jogged for 15 mins straight today and when I stopped I didn't even feel winded and within a minute or so my heart rate dropped from 140 to 98. I don't have a blood pressure machine but I was also obsessively checking that as well about a year ago and I was getting numbers like
    Heart rate 50 / blood pressure 110/70.
    Last edited by ImChad; 04-05-2014 at 05:06 AM.