Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Life...

Life...

I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety over my future for about a year now. I recently graduated a semester early and I'm now participating in an internship at a entertainment company. It's not really an internship but more like a minimum wage job. I only did it to take a break from life since I graduated early. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I have no job prospects and don't know how to network or with whom. I'm extremely awkward and try my best not to be. I honestly feel like a 21 year old loser who worked extremely hard to get amazing grades in college for nothing. My mom makes me feel like nothing and keeps telling me that I'll only obtain a minimum wage job. I never really had a dream career in mind. Honestly, I don't know what I like to do since my only work experience in the past was being a camp counselor. I need to physically work in a position to say whether or not it's for me. I hate when people tell me how intelligent I am when I feel completely stupid. Even though I received really good grades it's because I'm good and remembering information for exams. I don't even know if I retained anything from school. All my friends seem to have their life on track while I'm just wasting my time at this internship. Sometimes I wonder if attending college was even worth it. On top of all that my personality has changed for the worse. I use to be the goofy/optimistic person but now I don't find any interest in others except for my own friends, and I'm extremely awkward which keeps me from conversing with others. My life is just a mess and makes me think it's not worth living.

Hi life journey!
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry this thread seemed to get missed. I'm going to give it some thought and write a reply later today. My lunch break is over and I have to go.

Thought your thread deserved a bump so others will see it too.

Cheers
    Pam