Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

STOPPING lexapro after 3 days HELPPPPPP

First night I took the 5mg I woke up completely nauseous, headache and extreme body aches. Night 2 I woke up with the same body aches and headache. Now today after 4 hours of sleep I woke up with another extreme headache nauseous shakeiness imcreased anxiety (which by the way I have severe panic attack and agoraphobia, dont need increased I already have enough EVERYDAY!) Just an overall worse feeling. Called my dr. And she told me to stop taking it. Could SSRI's just not be for me (Paxil did the same thing)??? What else treats severe anxiety and agoraphobia? ?? I have my kolonpin could I just take 1mg at night and since it last longer than xanax would I hold me throughout the day?? Anyone ever just took kolonpin and it worked? I know its addicting but I need some relief ive been a nut case for 2 years!!!!! Cant take it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shawty View Post
    First night I took the 5mg I woke up completely nauseous, headache and extreme body aches. Night 2 I woke up with the same body aches and headache. Now today after 4 hours of sleep I woke up with another extreme headache nauseous shakeiness imcreased anxiety (which by the way I have severe panic attack and agoraphobia, dont need increased I already have enough EVERYDAY!) Just an overall worse feeling. Called my dr. And she told me to stop taking it. Could SSRI's just not be for me (Paxil did the same thing)??? What else treats severe anxiety and agoraphobia? ?? I have my kolonpin could I just take 1mg at night and since it last longer than xanax would I hold me throughout the day?? Anyone ever just took kolonpin and it worked? I know its addicting but I need some relief ive been a nut case for 2 years!!!!! Cant take it anymore.
    Have you given Effexor a go?

That was the one that worked wonders for me after a few failed attempts at others

Believe it's the quickest acting as well by 2 weeks or so

Had no side effects to speak of minus a little more difficult to finish during sex

But honestly, that was a good side effect. I was,pretty bad ass for a while there ; )
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

I dont really promote any SSRI but the one I've seen the most success with is Cipralex. I've tried Effexor personally and it was just awful. But some people have had success with it.