Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I'm 19. I've had anxiety for 5 or 6 years but it's gotten progressively worse.
    [size=7][color=purple][b]* Brit *[/b][/color][/size]

24. I remember being shy as a child. My anxiety got worse during high school. I realised what it was by about 20 and have been fighting it ever since.
    this too shall pass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello im 17 and have suffered with Anxiety (god i hate that word!!) for about 3-4 months now.

I am 26 and this started about a year ago.

i have always been a person who worries but i wouldn't say i was suffering with anxiety.

but i know i am now and i am 19 and it sucks because my life had just started to go somewhere and wham i get gladular fever which i didnt know at first so i thought i had allsorts of diseases.

by the time i found out it was glandular fever it was to late and i am now suffering really badly with anxiety

I am 21yrs young. About a year and a half ago i had a nervous breakdown, a really bad one, extreme panic attacks for months and months but anxiety slowly has gone away. I stayed in my house all the time prior to the breakdown and lost all confidence and drank alot so im sure thats what caused it. Because i was so sick of being afraid of the anxiety once i got a little better i started going out, managed to get a job, and feel alot better. I am still very stressed over stupid things but instead of hiding from it im just fighting head on :twisted:
    Impossible is nothing.

im 21 and ive been suffering anxiety since i was about 14 or 15

41 turning 21 :tongue: . I was born with a generalized level of anxiety - whailed constantly as an infant, anxious toddler and then an angry kid. My brother was diagnosed in the early 80's with a learning disability...waaaayy before it was the popular household term that exists today. We were told it was 'special' back then - and I still believe, if it's channelled correctly one can achieve higher than 'normal' people through it's energy or drive. My brother was on meds at a very early age. He was on what we called 'horse pills' back then because they were so large. After meds, treatment and schooling that caters to these needs (a lot of one-on-one) he was slowly weaned off them. He had grown as a person without losing his identity (and mind). A success story of sorts. Unfortunately, he died in a car accident not too long after. We now have a local resource library for learning disabilities (and the like) named after him and an award I hand out annually to the most improved student from his last school. Bittersweet.