Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clonazepam

Clonazepam

Got a prescription during my first panic attack, how often should I take then I I want to prevent future attacks?

Take as soon as you sense it coming.
    The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    Agreed because they take a little longer to kick in than some of the other benzos.

Well clonazepam takes at least an hour to kick in. I take it once a day 0.5 mg, my panic comes at evening, 8 o'clock is the time ) Helps me sleep too. I love this benzo. I do not like ativan though I take when panic hits
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Well..

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    Well clonazepam takes at least an hour to kick in. I take it once a day 0.5 mg, my panic comes at evening, 8 o'clock is the time ) Helps me sleep too. I love this benzo. I do not like ativan though I take when panic hits
    My anxiety got so bad, especially when all of that happened with my son, they put me on 2mg three times a day. Just a month ago, I thought that was too high to stay on, and they lowered it to 1mg three times a day. I don't always have to take it three times a day, but it sure has helped me this past week, that's for sure. D

Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    Totally agree with acetone. I don't want to sound like a know it all. Anyone who knows me knows I'm nothing like that. But I know a little about it, due to taking it for a couple of years now. Just some good ole advice. Try and not ever take too much, if you're having a bad attack. I did this once when I first started taking it. I had a panic attack hit hard, and I got scared and took two of them. Which is wrong to do. I slept all day. Never did that again. It can be a lifesaver for sure, but take care with it. I sure do hope it helps you though, like so many others have said it helped them. Hopefully this will work wonders. I hate panic attacks. They're awful and unpleasant to get through. Glad you got some help. Take care, and have a great weekend. Dorrie

Just wanted to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcloud View Post
    Agreed because they take a little longer to kick in than some of the other benzos.
    Darkcloud, I just wanted to comment on your roses. Loving them!! Beautiful!! Dorrie

Quote Originally Posted by Dorriekeepson23 View Post
    Darkcloud, I just wanted to comment on your roses. Loving them!! Beautiful!! Dorrie
    Thank you! They were a gift for my one year wedding anniversary

Red rose is love ) Nice, congratulation.
    Dorrie just try to lower it gradually. I usually do not take it on weekend, when the stress is minimal....
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I take mine everyday around noon, 0.5 but if I feel any more stressed or more paniky I will take another one if needed. Take it as soon as you feel one coming, just like everyone else has said
    “Whether you think you can or can’t either way you are right.” - Henry Ford