Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question So, is this what life with panic is?

Hello all, I've joined this forum because I am honestly at my wits end!
    I am 20 years old, and have been experiencing strange symptoms, all of which have been labelled anxiety by my family. I'm unemployed due to unrelated health problems, and have no insurance.
    So, is there any way that sitting for a long time could possibly induce anxiety? :P
    I ask because I frequently have this very strange suction feeling in my chest, jell-o in my head sensation, weird feelings that are similar to feeling faint, but just not quite, and a strangely low, but fast heart beat. All due to sitting and/or standing for too long!

This is growing to be very difficult for me to manage, I cannot even sit through a car ride anymore because I get lightheaded and just generally strange feeling all over, but no hyperventilation or rapid heart beat! I only have a fast, but weak heart beat. Though, the symptoms do cause me extreme fear, I end up panicking due to the sensations. :x

So, does this sound normal? and does anyone else experience relief in symptoms when they walk around?

Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredy boo View Post
    Hello all, I've joined this forum because I am honestly at my wits end! I am 20 years old, and have been experiencing strange symptoms, all of which have been labelled anxiety by my family. I'm unemployed due to unrelated health problems, and have no insurance. So, is there any way that sitting for a long time could possibly induce anxiety? :P I ask because I frequently have this very strange suction feeling in my chest, jell-o in my head sensation, weird feelings that are similar to feeling faint, but just not quite, and a strangely low, but fast heart beat. All due to sitting and/or standing for too long! This is growing to be very difficult for me to manage, I cannot even sit through a car ride anymore because I get lightheaded and just generally strange feeling all over, but no hyperventilation or rapid heart beat! I only have a fast, but weak heart beat. Though, the symptoms do cause me extreme fear, I end up panicking due to the sensations. :x So, does this sound normal? and does anyone else experience relief in symptoms when they walk around? Thank you all.
    Welcome aboard

First things, first. Have you been to a doctor regarding these symptoms just to eliminate any physical issues?

If you have, those symptoms could be classified as anxiety

Sitting, standing, walking, reading. Anything can cause anxiety

Whatever you associate with it, it will become a trigger and cause symptoms until you get it under control

So if it is anxiety induced, sitting doesn't cause the symptoms. The symptoms are caused by your fear of the symptoms that accompany sitting

It's your mind that is making the connection to the two
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe