Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy Where is my mind?

Hello! I am new to this! I shall explain a brief story of how anxiety manifested itself.

I moved to San Diego for a few months to pursue my film dream, I was living with a roommate and I was struggling to find a job. As time went by I completely ran out of money and it came to the point where every day I was constantly worried, I had no money to eat at one point! That was a new low for me. Eventually my anxiety peaked this past Christmas as we were editing a video and I have a problem saying "No" to people at times. Eventually, I was becoming so desperate that this feeling overtook me! I was shaking, felt hot and cold, had blurred vision problems and eventually a family member picked me up and took me to their home. A few days later I left San Diego and returned to my home town with my parents.

My father is on dialysis and he at times feels bad which adds worry to me. I eventually got a job then a few weeks later I got another one. Ive never had 2 jobs so that did worry me, this was late January. The feelings eventually got worst as I had a few unpleasant experiences at work, fights with my gf and watching the news constantly, I started to experience vision problems and today I got an eye exam and I was diagnosed with an astigmatism. Over the past 2 months ive been to the emergency room 3 times! I've had physical examinations, blood work and a CT scan. Everything comes back as normal other than my white cell count being a little high, this i am told can be a result of anxiety. Reasons why I went to the emergency room range from:

High blood pressure (worst was about 160/99 ish) (At one point my blood pressure went back to a normal range while being at the emergency room)
    Double Vision/Vision problems
    Lightheartedness
    eye twitching
    some minor chest pain at times
    tingly feeling of arms and feet
    ear popping
    congestion

Now, after all those visits they keep saying its not life threatening (which i hope they are right, i do have a fear at times of loosing my mind and dying)
    but these feeling just dont go away, mainly my vision is so bad that at work (a grocery story) its hard for me to focus and see product on the shelf clearly.
    All this has been going on for ALMOST 4 months now. Has anyone experienced vision problems this bad with anxiety? After all that

Quote Originally Posted by Andres Tavarez View Post
    Hello! I am new to this! I shall explain a brief story of how anxiety manifested itself. I moved to San Diego for a few months to pursue my film dream, I was living with a roommate and I was struggling to find a job. As time went by I completely ran out of money and it came to the point where every day I was constantly worried, I had no money to eat at one point! That was a new low for me. Eventually my anxiety peaked this past Christmas as we were editing a video and I have a problem saying "No" to people at times. Eventually, I was becoming so desperate that this feeling overtook me! I was shaking, felt hot and cold, had blurred vision problems and eventually a family member picked me up and took me to their home. A few days later I left San Diego and returned to my home town with my parents. My father is on dialysis and he at times feels bad which adds worry to me. I eventually got a job then a few weeks later I got another one. Ive never had 2 jobs so that did worry me, this was late January. The feelings eventually got worst as I had a few unpleasant experiences at work, fights with my gf and watching the news constantly, I started to experience vision problems and today I got an eye exam and I was diagnosed with an astigmatism. Over the past 2 months ive been to the emergency room 3 times! I've had physical examinations, blood work and a CT scan. Everything comes back as normal other than my white cell count being a little high, this i am told can be a result of anxiety. Reasons why I went to the emergency room range from: High blood pressure (worst was about 160/99 ish) (At one point my blood pressure went back to a normal range while being at the emergency room) Double Vision/Vision problems Lightheartedness eye twitching some minor chest pain at times tingly feeling of arms and feet ear popping congestion Now, after all those visits they keep saying its not life threatening (which i hope they are right, i do have a fear at times of loosing my mind and dying) but these feeling just dont go away, mainly my vision is so bad that at work (a grocery story) its hard for me to focus and see product on the shelf clearly. All this has been going on for ALMOST 4 months now. Has anyone experienced vision problems this bad with anxiety? After all that
    Welcome!

Wow, someone close to me! I'm about 7 hours away from SD, in Modesto.

So sorry to hear about your rough time!

I get vision problems but I've noticed it's only when I'm tired..

Have you gone to see a doctor about all this? What about anxiety meds?
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by BrookeLynnnn View Post
    Welcome! Wow, someone close to me! I'm about 7 hours away from SD, in Modesto. So sorry to hear about your rough time! I get vision problems but I've noticed it's only when I'm tired.. Have you gone to see a doctor about all this? What about anxiety meds?
    Isn't Modesto where Scott and Lacy Peterson were?
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Quote Originally Posted by NixonRulz View Post
    Isn't Modesto where Scott and Lacy Peterson were?
    Yes! I had friends who lived by them.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Quote Originally Posted by BrookeLynnnn View Post
    Yes! I had friends who lived by them.
    That sucks.

He's a jackass
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Quote Originally Posted by NixonRulz View Post
    That sucks. He's a jackass
    Yea, absolutely!!