Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This may seem strange!!!!

I've heard news that a lot of people who suffer with Anxiety and Depression usually enjoy it when the Weather is Warm and Sunny, and they think the Cold Glommy rainy Winters makes them feel a lot worse. Strangely I don't get like this, I like the rain, I also like the sun too but not a fan of hot weather. I just find it odd how rain doesn't bother me, yet my mother who suffers with Anxiety cannot stand the Winter and rain and loves the Summer.

Sometimes when I'm out in the Summer, I sometimes get even more anxious because there are a lot more people, and places are more crowded. I feel strange because of this!!

Not strange at all :P You enjoy the rain and the winter, maybe that's relaxing for you.

I like it when the weather is warm and sunny because it's... positive? Idk actually.
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

Quote Originally Posted by forgiveandforget1995 View Post
    I've heard news that a lot of people who suffer with Anxiety and Depression usually enjoy it when the Weather is Warm and Sunny, and they think the Cold Glommy rainy Winters makes them feel a lot worse. Strangely I don't get like this, I like the rain, I also like the sun too but not a fan of hot weather. I just find it odd how rain doesn't bother me, yet my mother who suffers with Anxiety cannot stand the Winter and rain and loves the Summer. Sometimes when I'm out in the Summer, I sometimes get even more anxious because there are a lot more people, and places are more crowded. I feel strange because of this!!
    Lots of people have seasonal depression

That may be the people you are referring to
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

I love the rain, and the fog. Everywheres so quiet and clean and peaceful.

All the tv and radio ever go about though is how much everybody loves hot weather.

I would have to agree
    I like sun but if it's too Hott i would much rather a warm cloudy day with a nice breeze
    So I guess I'm medium

I prefer SNOW and the winter, don't know why just do.

I'm with you Frankie on hating the heat!...LOVE the sun providing it's -4c

Ironically warmer weather reduces blood pressure so it's a conundrum! :/
    "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

Quote Originally Posted by frankiecfc View Post
    Sometimes the heat can mimic anxiety symptoms like increased heart palps, sweating, dizziness etc. for that reason more people are believed to have increased anxiety in the hot weather. If your prone to mood disorders though, winter can throw up the seasonal affective disorder. Personally, i hate the heat. I like about 18. Celsius as ideal and if its too bright i struggle as im quite averse to light giving me headaches.
    I'm with Frankie on this. Hate the heat and humidity. 18-20 degrees Celsius is perfect for me. Although this winter had been brutally long, and cold usually I don't mind it so much.

Oh come on! Nobody loves the sun when you're laying at the beach and enjoying the relaxing sound from the waves?!

Nah, I agree with Frankie. If it's to warm, the heat can mimic anxiety symptoms, which is a pain in the ass. In Sweden though, it's like 1 month summer, 11 months winter. This is why we love the sun lol.
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

I love all seasons! Although since i live in Oregon we have about 9 months of winter and 3 months of summer. Its usually always cloudy. That does have an impact on my mood at times. You are not alone

Lucky
    BTW great arrow quote