Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viibryd

Quote Originally Posted by crussellii View Post
    Wow I've never seen that side effect. I'm doing really well and thank you.
    Hi Crussellii

How is the Viibryd going? Are you experiencing any sexual side effects at all? I was also on Lexapro and I had sexual side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by SAIIB View Post
    Hi Crussellii How is the Viibryd going? Are you experiencing any sexual side effects at all? I was also on Lexapro and I had sexual side effects.
    Just bumped up to 30mg daily and feel great. First two weeks I experienced the usual side effects from this drug which is nausea and diarrhea. That has passed completely. Have not experienced any sexual side effects thus far. About 2 weeks now on the 30mg dose so about 6 weeks total in Viibryd.

Quote Originally Posted by SAIIB View Post
    Hi Crussellii How is the Viibryd going? Are you experiencing any sexual side effects at all? I was also on Lexapro and I had sexual side effects.
    I had complete shutdown after bumping up to 20 mg on Paxil. I just couldn't get to the top of that damn hill. Lol. One of the reasons I bumped it back to 10mg then eventually weaned off it. At 10 mg...I could function about 90 percent of the time sexually. It just felt like a big disconnect with the brain on one hand and the act on another. Just too unpleasant an experience for me personally being married and having to explain myself. Lol.

David

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRules View Post
    I had complete shutdown after bumping up to 20 mg on Paxil. I just couldn't get to the top of that damn hill. Lol. One of the reasons I bumped it back to 10mg then eventually weaned off it. At 10 mg...I could function about 90 percent of the time sexually. It just felt like a big disconnect with the brain on one hand and the act on another. Just too unpleasant an experience for me personally being married and having to explain myself. Lol. David
    Yeah on Lexapro I could only ejaculate maybe 25% of the time. Then the girls would start to ask if it was them or they weren't attractive enough and even had girls cry thinking it was their fault. I used to bring up the drug online and show them that this is a known side effect. I've had the uncomfortable conversation too many times. So far on Viibryd I've had no sexual side effects but again it's been 6 weeks since I've been on it. So I'm hopeful it remains this way.

Chuck

That's good to hear it doesn't effect that for you. At least for me ..... It was my wife....and she said the same things .... But I showed her to and she understood. In any sense..... It was the main reason I got off Paxil. Anxiety definitely increases when you can't perform and it's not your fault but the drugs.

My nephew has trouble with the sexual side effects of the SSRI's. He's 28. Should I recommend Viibryd to him or do you think there are too many possible side effects? It sounds like it may be stronger than some of the other SSRI's. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne1221 View Post
    My nephew has trouble with the sexual side effects of the SSRI's. He's 28. Should I recommend Viibryd to him or do you think there are too many possible side effects? It sounds like it may be stronger than some of the other SSRI's. Thanks!
    I'm probably on 6 weeks now of Viibryd and the only side effects were diarrhea and upset stomach lasted at the most 2 weeks. I've not experienced any other side effects, in fact I feel great. No sexual side effects up to this point. Main thing is you must take this drug with food.

Thank you so much! I will tell him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne1221 View Post
    Thank you so much! I will tell him about it.
    No problem! Just tell him not to read too much about it as with any SSRI everyone reacts differently. My experience has been all positive.

Hi Crussellii,

Just wondered if you would give us an update regarding the Sexual side effects of Viibryd. If anyone else would like to give feedback that would be great.