Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Risperdal?

Risperdal?

As anyone taken this for anxiety? I was just prescribed.

Never heard of it...I'm gonna look it up now

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly82 View Post
    Never heard of it...I'm gonna look it up now
    It's an AP, so that kind of freaks me out. He told me yo take it at night to help me sleep. I'm scared to take it though.

I'm currently on this one, have been for a while. If you're just taking it at night, then I should imagine it will definitely help you sleep.
    The only other thing I can think of, is that I gained a bit of weight when starting it.
    Hope it works out well for you, if not you can always talk to your Dr about different options.
    Best wishes.
    Even after years of circling the same waters, it's possible to find a way to shore.

I was on Risperdal for 3 months after getting admitted and the doctor not seeing my psychosis was due to my anxiety.
    When I started It I felt so tired and shaky and horrid I wanted to only sleep. Then a week after it subsided... My eye where always looking up. I couldn't get them to stop looking up at all.
    Then A week later I got hospitalized for a seizure (that is not commen let alone my doctor put me on zyprexa and abilify... Reason that happened.) Then I had daily panic attacks.
    So I despise that drug with the other two listed.

I tried this med but was unable to tolerate it. Made my dizziness worse. I prefer zyprexa.

Quote Originally Posted by tezbag View Post
    I was on Risperdal for 3 months after getting admitted and the doctor not seeing my psychosis was due to my anxiety. When I started It I felt so tired and shaky and horrid I wanted to only sleep. Then a week after it subsided... My eye where always looking up. I couldn't get them to stop looking up at all. Then A week later I got hospitalized for a seizure (that is not commen let alone my doctor put me on zyprexa and abilify... Reason that happened.) Then I had daily panic attacks. So I despise that drug with the other two listed.
    You got a seizure from Risoerdal or zyprexa?

They added the risoedal Then I got a seizure So it was literally that coupled with zypxrea. No I'm finally go though more meds again-__-
    But I will never take those two ever again.