Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benzos

People's opinions on benzos for anxiety please ???
    Last edited by TomoWHU; 03-12-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomoWHU View Post
    My opinion:

1. They are useful, even critical to some managing this condition.

2. They are to be RESPECTED. They are not a magic bullet that will instantly cure you of anxiety or panic. They are a tool to use as you work on how you are going to effectively manage this beast .

The best damn thing ever for me when I was at my worst

As Frankie said, long term the SSRI did it's thing well for me

But while waiting for it work, Xanax was an absolute blessing
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

YAY!!!

nuff said...

Have a great day!!

Enduronman...
    I made a sock puppet,..and liked it. SO THEN I JUST TOOK A PILL.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm taking them now as hit a snag with anxiety got a appointment with docs next wed to switch ssri to try them , I don't want to be taking lorazapam for the rest of my life but if it helps me for the time being so what, I can't go to work everyday fuelling my anxiety disorder with the fact that I can't accept that your life changes and u get older ect and eventually it's all over don't wana live rest of my life when I've got a bright future ahead of me end of this year and start of next x

Don't worry, freat, fear, or concern yourself with the future...no one knows what that may hold...
    1. Live for today....so what if you need some benzos, I've been on them for 8 years and they make my life more "tolerable"..I don't wonder nor worry about why, what, when, where, or how......they're just there, for now.
    2. Forget the past..We've ALLLLL have moments of trauma and or fear and or things that are hard to forget, forget them. Nothing can be changed about things pasts..
    3. Look forward too and have hope for, the future..quit spending all day trying to make the entire future, look like, what you "think" it should look like...today...
    4. Accept the fact that things do and will change, and that life and time waits for no one friend...

Have a great new day, new friend!

Enduronman..
    I made a sock puppet,..and liked it. SO THEN I JUST TOOK A PILL.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank man that's really inspiring, when I beat the horrible thoughts I'm having which I think would be the worst of I've had in the past (which I've got over) il be fully recovered x

Thank man that's really inspiring, when I beat the horrible thoughts I'm having which I think would be the worst of I've had in the past (which I've got over) il be fully recovered x
    That is absolutely the right attitude!

One minute, one hour, one day at a time. The future will take care of itself!

I no all the facts before this setback these thoughts didn't bother me, as soon as I accept these thoughts the better

For the truly anxious a god send if used properly. An AD should also be tried at least for a while but benzos are used because they work and work fast for the vast majority.
    They are not the "answer" but can be a big part of managing anxiety.
    I prefer longer acting(valium, klonopin, clorazepate, ativan) ones and use as little as you can. Alankay