Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiecfc View Post
    The stress has got to play a big part. My morning was pretty calm and as i got thinking about the recent stresses both mentally and physically of late, i awoke a lot of the symptoms that have been easing the past few days. Grrrr. If the memory exists from cell replication i wonder can that account for our diminished faith in the truth of the memory? Does its potency lessen through this process over years? Weird!
    Mmmmmmm ?? You could be onto something there Frankie!
    "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

I'm really loving and appreciating this particular thread. I read through the PDF booklet,super helpful! I love all of the information. It makes me giggle about the heart and brain worries because I do it all of the time! This is a great thread. Keep it up!!! (Please.)

Quote Originally Posted by samanthaistired View Post
    I'm really loving and appreciating this particular thread. I read through the PDF booklet,super helpful! I love all of the information. It makes me giggle about the heart and brain worries because I do it all of the time! This is a great thread. Keep it up!!! (Please.)
    I'm really pleased you are getting something from it.

Thank you for the feedback it's very much appreciated
    "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

A little distraction

Excuse the random interruption of the thread here, but I wanted to share this video (even if it distracts your thoughts temporarily).

Firstly I'm not a fan of animal captivity, but I was so amazed at watching elephants painting pictures of elephants.

So a lot of training has likely taken place, but the focus and delicate way these animals use their paint brushes just blew me away!

Quote Originally Posted by forwells View Post
    yes i think we both need to get out more

The flat worm is interesting .

I spoke with my mental health nurse and we come up with this .

Memories are made and stored in our cells . But the more re remember something the more re restore it .

So we forget what is needed and say something from childhood we remember and it gets restored in newer cells.

So its in fact the memory of the memory and not the first one .

This would make sence when you think about it and i think they are working on something with PTSD with this .

It really is a very interesting field that is just coming into its own .

I read a while back that all that is know about the brain 90% has been learned in the last 20 years .
    It's cellular memory. If you want a good dude to help you with it I would suggest Matt Kahn. He will do it over the phone. http://truedivinenature.fullslate.com/

I cannot say I have personally used Matt for this. So do your homework first. Healthy skepticism is always a good thing of course.

Peace kevin
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

Quote Originally Posted by Fourteen14 View Post
    Excuse the random interruption of the thread here, but I wanted to share this video (even if it distracts your thoughts temporarily).

Firstly I'm not a fan of animal captivity, but I was so amazed at watching elephants painting pictures of elephants.

So a lot of training has likely taken place, but the focus and delicate way these animals use their paint brushes just blew me away!

What the actual flying f*ck?! :O I'm in shock right now... that's like...indescribable?
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

Quote Originally Posted by AliasEQ View Post
    What the actual flying f*ck?! :O I'm in shock right now... that's like...indescribable?
    I know, right?

Apparently elephants share 3 traits in common with human consciousnesses (one being able to recognise their own reflection rather than thinking it to be another elephant), the conscious perception of emotion and other higher levels of intelligence.

(Which will lead onto the next update on the thread in a couple of days)

Quote Originally Posted by Fourteen14 View Post
    I know, right?

Apparently elephants share 3 traits in common with human consciousnesses (one being able to recognise their own reflection rather than thinking it to be another elephant), the conscious perception of emotion and other higher levels of intelligence.

(Which will lead onto the next update on the thread in a couple of days)
    Damn, that's amazing. Never knew elephants was so intelligent. You learn something new everyday I guess.
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

well, 14, I read the entire thread -more than once. And now reading it again. It feels like I know exactly what to think in order to put this terrible health anixety behind me, and I often discuss it with people that have the same tendencies. But I just can't.
    I partly think it's because my body and my mind is SO sensitive. I have always been able to feel every emotion so deeply in my body and I always have had really strange sensations -even before I started having severe anxiety (which I can point to the day of my first panic attack).
    So; I really appreciate what you have written and I try to rewire my brain. But at the same time I don't want to lose this connection to my body -because I appreciate it and because I'm scared that I will overlook something. It's quite an ambivalent and twosided mental state.
    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for especially the video-links.
    Have a good night everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyYogi View Post
    well, 14, I read the entire thread -more than once. And now reading it again. It feels like I know exactly what to think in order to put this terrible health anixety behind me, and I often discuss it with people that have the same tendencies. But I just can't. I partly think it's because my body and my mind is SO sensitive. I have always been able to feel every emotion so deeply in my body and I always have had really strange sensations -even before I started having severe anxiety (which I can point to the day of my first panic attack). So; I really appreciate what you have written and I try to rewire my brain. But at the same time I don't want to lose this connection to my body -because I appreciate it and because I'm scared that I will overlook something. It's quite an ambivalent and twosided mental state. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for especially the video-links. Have a good night everyone!
    It's great that you feel you are benefiting from the thread.

I will be updating it shortly, the next few updates will be exploring coping with and moving forward from catastrophic thoughts.