Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by needtogetwell View Post
    Ok would you guys tell me what DBS checks are? Remember, Canadian here, don't know the references. Doh!
    Disclosure and Barring Service

(It's a criminal history check)

"Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

More importantly Pam

Do they have potato sack and egg and spoon races in Canada

"Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” - C.G. Jung

Absolutely!! I ended up with more bruising on my knees as a kid from the potato sack races! And definitely wore more than one egg! I remember throwing the raw egg at the leader when I wasn't going to win. ( I was a bit of a sore loser). Just a year or so ago at my work we did some team building exercises including throwing raw eggs at your partner and having them catch them. Don't know if it built many teams but was huge fun!

Quote Originally Posted by needtogetwell View Post
    Absolutely!! I ended up with more bruising on my knees as a kid from the potato sack races! And definitely wore more than one egg! I remember throwing the raw egg at the leader when I wasn't going to win. ( I was a bit of a sore loser). Just a year or so ago at my work we did some team building exercises including throwing raw eggs at your partner and having them catch them. Don't know if it built many teams but was huge fun!
    Sounds like a hoot (do you guys still say hoot?)

We aren't allowed to throw ANYTHING at each other in the UK anymore

(Risk assessed for potential detached retina) - I kid you not!

No wonder the entire country has health anxiety

I adore Canada (all that snow) - no snowballs though! It's health and safety !

Haha 14 the uk has definitely gone mad. Health and safety and political correctness. No more conker fights either :-(

Pam your team building sounds fab I no a few ex colleagues I would of loved to throw eggs at haha. I can remember the burns off the sack races. I used to love the three legged race too. That was always such a laugh.

Ok i got to ask whats a conker fight? In my mind i picture kids on the beach throwing conk shells at each other ( hope not that would be wicked ). My favorite thing you can't do is ride without seat belt or in the back of pickup truck. I can remember after cutting a pickup load of firewood i would always sit in the back of the truck on top of the load of wood on the way home, it cooled me off. It would be big trouble if you did that today.

John

Conkers are horse chestnut seeds (We would wait until they fell off the trees in autumn)

Then bake them until they were rock solid, drill a hole through the middle, thread through string, tie a knot and then beat each other's conkers (baked horse chestnut seeds) until the losers broke.

We never had snowboards and iPods back then, the UK was a harsh and brutal place.

Whew! not as bad as throwing conk shells at each other but still sounds wicked. My folks would faint if they knew when we were kids we used to have BB gun fights. Luckily we all still have both eyes. I can not believe we used to do that.

Slightly off the topic of health worries.

I wanted to share this short clip inspired by Carl Sagan and "the pale blue dot"

It highlights the images taken of earth from Voyager1 (billions of miles away from orbit). Hopefully by gaining some perspective on how small the earth is in the grand scheme of the cosmos, we can begin to realise that our own worries are not so big, and whilst frightening, are of little significance and more importantly how lucky we are to experience life as we know it.

Hope you enjoy the film

Just letting those following the thread know that I'm taking a break from the forum.

I wish you all continued good health and progress