Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Finally..

Banned

Finally..

Finally made it to the doctor today and was able to get him to prescribe me clonazepam. I'm hoping this will keep me out of the ER until the lexapro starts to work better. He also said I had a B12 deficiency from my blood work. Does any one know anything about that?

That is awesome that you are now set to get yourself back on track

EMan or Jesse will chime in I am sure about the B12. They both know it well
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Lorenzo, clonzapan is a life saver for me, how many mgs? I have to take it daily, with .5 has kept me out of the ER. Good luck

Banned
    Thanks guys, I'm hoping this will do the trick. He prescribed 1mg but I've taken them in the pass and I usually just take .25 or .5 depending on how I feel. I know the half life is pretty long with these and they work a lot longer then most of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzo18 View Post
    Finally made it to the doctor today and was able to get him to prescribe me clonazepam. I'm hoping this will keep me out of the ER until the lexapro starts to work better. He also said I had a B12 deficiency from my blood work. Does any one know anything about that?
    A B12 defiency can cause all sorts of problems from fatigue, sluggishness, tiredness, to...insomnia, sleeplessness, to...serious complications with the CNS (central nervous system) anxiety, depression, and even worse it can also cause the nerves not to fire and or perform correctly and cause heart palps, chest pains, fluctuations in heart rhythm,... Essentially, it can cause anything on that scale from tiredness to inability to sleep at all, immune system issues, low red blood cell count, anemia,....it's a very important vitamin for our systems... and easily replaced especially when the diet lacks the B vitamins. (I have to supplement because I am a vegan and my medications will deplete my body of the B vitamins if I don't)...

Klonopin is awesome for panic and anxiety!! YAY!! This is good news too...

Did he want you to get B12 injections or just supplement with some tablets?

E-Man..
    I made a sock puppet,..and liked it. SO THEN I JUST TOOK A PILL.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick question...not to take away from the original thread, but are there any foods that are naturally rich in b vitamins?
    ؟•❤◦.¸¸. ◦✿ Alaina ❤◦.¸¸. ◦✿?

Meats, poultry, shellfish, dairy, cheese.... I will think of more but my oldest daughter just walked in..yay....ggrrrrr,,,,,...
    Vegetarian diets are low in b vitamins...

E-Man..
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduronman View Post
    A B12 defiency can cause all sorts of problems from fatigue, sluggishness, tiredness, to...insomnia, sleeplessness, to...serious complications with the CNS (central nervous system) anxiety, depression, and even worse it can also cause the nerves not to fire and or perform correctly and cause heart palps, chest pains, fluctuations in heart rhythm,... Essentially, it can cause anything on that scale from tiredness to inability to sleep at all, immune system issues, low red blood cell count, anemia,....it's a very important vitamin for our systems... and easily replaced especially when the diet lacks the B vitamins. (I have to supplement because I am a vegan and my medications will deplete my body of the B vitamins if I don't)... Klonopin is awesome for panic and anxiety!! YAY!! This is good news too... Did he want you to get B12 injections or just supplement with some tablets? E-Man..

Thank you. Great info E-Man. He just told me to supplement with 2,000mg a day of tablets. When I went to the ER they seemed so frustrated with me because I've been so many times and said there wasn't much more they could do and mentioned the B12 and vitamin D blood test and they normally don't do those at the ER but went ahead and did them for me.

It does have a longer half life than any other benzos out there, reason my dr. took me off ativan and on this.

Welcome Lorenzo!

Yes, klonopin does have a much longer half life of all the benzos so you don't need to take it as frequently too as Amy mentioned..I think its 8 hours or more depending upon the person..
    Yes, A vitamin B Complex may be your best choice even though you just need the B 12 because these vitamins all work together but some people just take the B12 alone. The only thing that I've heard about that is the fact that some people report the "jitters" and "nervousness" at times and be sure to take it with food!! You will get jittery if you just take it in the am and run out the door without eating because foods will slow the absorption rates to make them more evenly....

Alot of words for a vitamin hey!!!

ANd take a multi too...it only helps and does not hurt in any way.. (with food!)...

E-Man....