Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

3am n I'm still up :/

I seem to have the most fear at night. Haven't had a decent nights sleep unless I'm sick and the cold medicine knocks me out. When I'm not sick my mind races. I'm afraid to sleep. I don't want to dream because i mostly have nightmares and they seem too real. I'm afraid of something bad happenin while I'm asleep or maybe i just won't wake up. Safety is my anxiety. Constantly worrying about myself and my kids. It really drains me :/

I've seen this here soooo many times..sorry.
    You should start a specific thread about how many people are afraid to go to sleep and why??
    Their thoughts are the same I believe and maybe you can all help each other and then we can try to assist too.
    You already know that not being able to sleep, is adding issues that are going to be tougher to resolve I'm guessing..
    Plus all this worry too....How can we help you?? Are you also afraid of medications BW???

Hopes that this day is better and that you can finally get some sleep too..

Enduronman..
    I made a sock puppet,..and liked it. SO THEN I JUST TOOK A PILL.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No. I just don't like to take medicine. I can't risk bein drowsy or knocked out. I'm a single mom n my kids need me to be alert. They're young so I'm constantly on the move.

My sleepin problems started a while ago when i was 14. I was being abused at home. I was afraid 24/7 till i left home at 20. Long story. Anyways besides my every day stress I'm also upset about my family. We use to be very close but now they don't talk to me. I've made multiple attemps on talking to them but they act annoyed or try to change the subject quickly so i just gave up. Not really sure how to handle everything. I think they all blame me for our family fallin apart but i was just a kid when it started. I was afraid and when i finally got the strength to leave, everyone kept buggin me about why i left. So when the truth came out everyone distanced from me. Some called me a liar, or crazy, but then some believed me and didn't know what to say. Kind of wish i never said anything. Everyone looks at me differently now.

Try not to let it get you down. The fact you've fought through it all and are continuing to fight through the stress and torment shows character and is building you as a person believe it or not. When it's all on us, we feel so weak. i remember that dreadful hopeless despair that came with it all but through my ability to fight I came out of it because I refused to let anyone or anything dictate my life for me. You are your own amazing person and if people can't respect the strong person you are, they don't deserve your respect. Surround yourself with people who are positive minded.

Hello Mrs. Broken,

lol, i know that might not be the best way to address you, but its better than nothing i suppose...

When i was a child, I lived in a hostile, emotionally counterproductive environment.Nothing sexual, but unpleasant none-the-less. I was terrified in my own home most of the time, and I remember dreading the thought of going home, fantasizing of jumping the schoolyard fence and running away for ever. Although my terrible childhood is well behind me, and I am reconciled with the people from the past, I was emotionally and mentally deformed by the "trauma." I had a terrible self-image, i was terrified of the dark, I made unhealthy codependent attachments...mostly with people as emotionally crippled as me. Sick attracts sick, I suppose.

Needless to say, all of these relationships were short-lived, ending in a cataclysmic BANG...

How I got better? I really don't know. im not completely better, but i understand that the effects of my terrible environment influenced every part of my conscious and subconscious life, and I actively sought out to identify the self-destructive behavior. I terminated the unhealthy friendships. I stopped my helpless, self-pitying thoughts. I accepted that although the "perpetrator" started this negative emotional cycle, I am to blame for feeding it, perpetuating it. Shit, at that point, I was the victim of no one but myself.

....annnyywwaaayyss.

There are certain medicines that stop dreaming, they would probably help with nightmares. Antideppressants are known to do this, and they help with depression and PTSD type problems. Just hang in there, dude.

Hey,

I feel your pain. I also have insomnia. I medicate for it with benzodiazepenes. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. And they're addictive. So...yeah...

I'm not specifically afraid to fall asleep. My mind just seems to accelerate at night. I don't know why. I find it almost impossible to "wind down" at night after a long, stressful day.

The best things you can do are to understand that (1) it won't kill you and (2) you can function perfectly fine on very little sleep and (3) you WILL sleep eventually. Your body just won't be able to take it anymore and you'll sleep.

I am sorry for your situation. I am right there with you.