Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Lump in throat when swallowing

Hi everyone,

I Have been having some problems that have lasted for the last couple of weeks and really need some help due to my health anxiety going through the roof. It all started a couple weeks ago when I noticed that both of my lymph nodes under my chin were swollen and I had pain and pressure in my right ear. So I went to the doctor to see what it was and he prescribed me some antibiotics and said that my lymph nodes had some kind of bacteria infection and from them being swollen they were putting presser up against my ears making the sharp pain in the ear. I took the antibiotics for 7 days and noticed that my lymph nodes had reduced in size quite a bit which was great! Then I noticed that I had some pressure in the lower part of my eardrum coming from my left ear now. Shortly after that I started to feel like there was a lump in my throat every time I would swallow. Now the pressure in my ear has gone away but yet I still feel a lump in my throat like something is stuck in there like a chicken bone on the left side every time I swallow. I had my tonsils removed when I was 16 so I'm not sure what could be left in my throat that could be causing this. It has been going on three days now and it still has not subsided. I am a 32 year old male that is pretty healthy and works out regularly and a non-smoker. I am trying to get into an ENT doctor to go and see what this problem could be. I have pretty bad allergies that last year-round now which I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I am just so scared of my main fear that this is cancer. When things like this happen to you and you have anxiety especially when you're a hypochondriac it takes over your whole life because all you could do is think about it. If anyone knows what this could be please help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. Lump in the throat is typical sign of anxiety, the first time i notice it, I was 14 more than 40 years after I still have it. It is annoying, and scary....My last idea is that is not throat cancer but thyroid cancer. You are not alone in it. Read the posts, people have all kinds of symptoms...
    Read this :
    http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...ptoms-The-List
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore