Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: favorite books

I'll have to try some that people said that I've never read!
    I think I'm going to try the Divergent series before the movies start coming out since my students are obsessed

Banned
    I love reading Autobiographies, particularly on favourite Musicians. I enjoyed reading the Kurt Cobain one, I also enjoyed reading all the Harry Potter books

I loved "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" it is a science fiction created by Douglas Adams.
    I also enjoy comics and many many other books..
    My arpartment is filled with books, forgotten teamugs and long-lost pencils....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Morgan View Post
    I love reading Autobiographies, particularly on favourite Musicians. I enjoyed reading the Kurt Cobain one, I also enjoyed reading all the Harry Potter books
    Kyle, my husband's the same way – he reads any musician's biography he can get his hands on! He just finished Morrissey's auto.

I'm getting re-acquainted with books after being on a hiatus. Right now I'm working my way through Game of Thrones. I'm usually more into non-fiction though. I like learning about ancient Egyptians and history type stuff. I also love anything Ayn Rand. Nerd!!!

I guess audio books that are free from the library are my favorite. I do read paper at times but when I'm easily distracted and have a difficult time following type on paper I use audio

books. One of my all time favorites is "The Power of Now" Eckhart Toole, As well as "The Untethered Soul" Michael Singer. I enjoy a lot of how to videos as well. My future plans are

to read "Steve Jobs". Ayn Rand is good stuff, and highly revealing. Law is a hobby so I inherited a law library and use this as a tool to understanding, also Blacks Law dictionary 6th

edition, which congress reads, and uses to enact laws. Anything pertaining to the common law, and Thomas Jefferson. I have read lots of the internal revenue codes US Title 26, as well

as Title five where it gets it's teeth. Discovering the difference between positive law and negative law within the US codes. I now have learned how to adjudicate within the courtroom

and have helped many to find their way through to win cases, they had initiated as it relates to cease and desist, probably cause, Notice of demands, as well as deeds of lands, and

honor within the courts. Sadly in America the "true" law has not been taught, and I think purposely obfuscated to keep people thinking justice is not attainable, when indeed it is in most

cases. I used to truly think it was "just Us" for the courts and lawyers, but learned how the answers are all there once we peer behind the curtain of cognitive dissonance, and learn.

People have more power than attorneys, sadly many don 't know how or why. People can direct the courts honorably and win. if not in the initial proceeding, then always on appeal.

Knowing the law is for law keepers, You definitely need a attorney if guilty, but as long as you are not caught in the fiction of law, you can stay free of this expensive plight.

I read a book of the bible one time and noticed a key verse in Hosea, It said "my people perish for lack of knowledge".

America BC is a good book. Anything to being relating to survival in the event of a disaster, war, etc.

I also enjoy Byron Katie, she's a true cognitive worker, "The Work.com", a lady who went from a depraved mind, agoraphobic, anxious, depressed, addictions, to asking herself one simple

question... "Is it true". This led her to her discovery that her pain and suffering came from what she was believing and not anything else. Awesome woman!! Peace
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

"The Power of Now" Eckhart Toole, so do I
    you post about law is so true, My family and I have a lot of dealings with law and it is obscured, you need the lawyer who takes 35 % of everything and on top of that GST in Canada 8 % the client must pay it. We will not win with the insurance company it is impossible....
    I actually started to enjoy talking books or Audio books, Listening them in bed is awesome. It relaxes me and I am in process of breaking the habit ; reading books in bed. I need my body to know that bed is for sleep. I hope I will win.
    Thank for suggestion Gene

I am starting to read "The Ocean at The End of The Lane" by Neil Gaiman and it is good, I just started , but it is good
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by frankiecfc View Post
    She certainly is Jillian. She got the train across Ireland when he came on his book tour and got her books signed by him.

No surprise she loved the divergent series too.

She has a gift for English and writing and has applied to colleges for English this September.
    that's awesome! keep in touch with how that process is going

Today I finished Every Day by David Levithan which had a really different plot and was good! It was basically about a nongendered soul who wakes up as a new person every day, which has always gone well until A finally makes a connection with someone that A wants to make last (obviously this proves to be difficult as A wakes up as someone new every day).

Quote Originally Posted by frankiecfc View Post
    Here's a pic of just two of her bookshelves! As an English teacher this is likely to please you!
    oh my gosh how awesome! she's like me... I still love to have physical books not a nook/online books