Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Sertraline Tablets

Hiya, got a question for anyone. I've been on sertraline for a year and a half now. Started on 100mg now I'm on 50mg a lot of people are saying you shouldn't be on these types of tablets for this amount of time. Does anyone have any advice? Or any one in the same situation? X

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Hiya, got a question for anyone. I've been on sertraline for a year and a half now. Started on 100mg now I'm on 50mg a lot of people are saying you shouldn't be on these types of tablets for this amount of time. Does anyone have any advice? Or any one in the same situation? X
    Hello there 50mg is a low dose
    You can be on them for as long as you need to be and some
    People have been on them
    Years so I would not worry if they are working for you then there's no need to come
    Off them

Hey liv

You're on one of the safest anti depressants to be on.

There's a lot of scaremongering out there from people with poor knowledge of anxiety, or people with conflicting interests (like those in the natural remedy industry)

I think you can relax. Anxiety is a far bigger danger to your life than being on this med.

Ssri are great do wonders stick on them as there here to eliminate anxiety and make you move forward and anxiety is just a extra emergency feeling compared to others not to worry about it