Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

clonazepam, lorazepam, buspar

I was on clonazepam for close to 2yrs when I told my Dr they seemed to be losing their effect at least when I'm having a panic attack. They still seemed to work pretty well for general anxiety. I told him I didn't want xanax bc too many horror stories but now he has me on ativan for panic attacks and buspar for general anxiety. The ativan makes me nauseous and irritated. The buspar seems like a big joke. It seems to do nothing at all. I'm also taking zoloft and ability which help but not for the anxiety. Does anyone have suggestions? I go back to see him on Feb 24th but I never know how to really say what I want to say in such a short time.

I take Buspar but had to add Zoloft because the buspar alone just wasn't cutting it.

I'm currently on Celexa, Buspar, and Klonopin for almost a year now. They seem to work very well together. I still get my panic attacks every now and then but the klonopin helps a lot. How many mg's were you on?

Hi. I take Zoloft and buspar. I've been on this combo for 3 weeks. I also have Ativan on hand for when needed. For the most part, I'm getting great relief from my anxiety. However, I had a little setback yesterday while driving. So today I took a dose of Ativan (first one in almost three weeks). Up until almost three weeks ago, I was taking Ativan everyday. So, I would say that it's a winning combo for me.
    I'm trying not to let the situation from yesterday get me down too much, I guess I should expect that I'll have good and bad days and that par for the course. And, I've been having more good days lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Smith View Post
    I'm currently on Celexa, Buspar, and Klonopin for almost a year now. They seem to work very well together. I still get my panic attacks every now and then but the klonopin helps a lot. How many mg's were you on?
    I was on 1mg 3 times a day of klonopin and still taking 200 me of zoloft, 10mg abilify

Quote Originally Posted by kris123 View Post
    Hi. I take Zoloft and buspar. I've been on this combo for 3 weeks. I also have Ativan on hand for when needed. For the most part, I'm getting great relief from my anxiety. However, I had a little setback yesterday while driving. So today I took a dose of Ativan (first one in almost three weeks). Up until almost three weeks ago, I was taking Ativan everyday. So, I would say that it's a winning combo for me.
    I'm trying not to let the situation from yesterday get me down too much, I guess I should expect that I'll have good and bad days and that par for the course. And, I've been having more good days lately.
    That's great that your combo seems to really be working for you! I wish I could day the same, but I deal. :]